The Global Supply Chain Architect role oversees the strategy and direction of solution design and technology architecture supporting the end-to-end supply chain. They will assist in building out an industry-leading solution architecture function, and drive the adoption of next-gen, flexible architecture to enable end-to-end business solutions. This leader will work to create a culture of innovation within the technology team to add business value, reduce complexity, and drive competitive advantage. The primary objective of this role is to progress the usage of technology advancements to improve products, processes and services to internal and external clients. Company seeks a true change agent who can elevate the technology landscape to address next level business challenges in a rapidly changing environment.
The Supply Chain Architect will be responsible globally for leading company’s product development and supply chain landscape strategy. They will provide the end-to-end view on how all components fit together and identify opportunities to standardize the technology landscape for improved efficiency.
In this role, the individual sets the technology strategy, roadmap and vision for product development and supply chain landscape. They will set the vision and quality bar of its output and represent it in all its forms internally and externally.
This is a pivotal role that partners with other technology and business leaders, as the individual defines and evolves the supporting technology architecture, while sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact technology capabilities for company.
We seek a results-oriented leader who is passionate about applying program leadership, organizational discipline and technology to transform the retail apparel industry. The Supply Chain Solution Architect is a senior leader who will own the strategic portfolio, oversee its governance, envision a roadmap and invite adoption through cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will have proven experience in driving transformational change, global scale and positioning the enterprise to incorporate emerging technologies. The role requires a strong ability to build a network and influence senior, cross-functional leaders to resolve issues that may arise and deliver a consistently high level of service to our technology teams. They will also have a strong understanding of industry trends and relevant emerging technologies, as well as demonstrated experience empowering team members to make recommendations and provide inputs in a highly collaborative environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert and thought leader to drive roadmaps for industry leading, end-to-end business solutions related to the IT landscape and socialize the established strategy to all levels across the IT organization.
- Major areas of architecture responsibilities include Digital Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Wholesale and Retail Supply planning, Demand Forecasting, Assortment Planning, Costing, Warehouse and Inventory Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Collaboration processes.
- Understand the systems data flows and integrations across all Global Value Chain applications to drive consistency and simplification in the landscape.
- Provide thought leadership on solution implementations across the entire enterprise.
- Establish future technology footprint by encouraging a culture of innovation with focus on simplicity, adaptability, scalability, reliability and security.
- Collaborate with solution architects across multiple domains to establish IT architectural guidelines and standards. Promote adherence to compliance and document changes.
- Guide the evaluation and selection process of emerging IT products. Recommend tools and/or vendors suitable for business and obtain buy-in from senior leadership.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex functional and technical issues. Provide interconnected solutions expertise within a business function, understanding the relationship between the businesses, data, processes and supporting technology.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and proactively identify areas for growth, improvement, and development.
- Drive architecture best practices and guiding principles out to the broader IT organization to deliver on enterprise architecture goals.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development and delivery, with experience in building impactful technology strategies and roadmaps across multiple solutions.
- Understanding of functional capabilities and industry trends related to Apparel PLM, Global Sourcing, eCommerce and Distributed Order Management, Global Trade and Logistics, and Product Master Data Management is highly desirable.
- Experience in Digital/3D enabled Product Development and Merchandising is highly desirable. Understanding of AI & ML techniques, use of large sets of data for analysis of trends and detection of anomalies is a plus.
- Solution Architecture experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of systems architecture, integration and best practices for connecting solutions capabilities to address end-to-end business processes.
- Experience solutioning across multiple infrastructure operating models from traditional (on premise), to Cloud-based models and hybrid variations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio Documentation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation skills to define end-to-end requirements and conduct detailed design reviews across multiple stakeholder constituencies.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influence management skills with an ability to build trusted partnerships across technical and non-technical resources at all levels.