The Technical Writer will use their writing expertise to plan, create, and maintain content integral to understanding our technologies & experiences. In this position you will partner with engineers, product managers, and UX designers to create high-quality technical documentation to make it easy to understand, use, and scale our tech stack. Additionally, you will work closely with our Experience Design team to assist in defining design language standards and guidelines to deliver a cohesive user experience. The ideal candidate enjoys a dynamic work environment, where some days they must think like an engineer, and others, a product manager.
Duties include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Synthesize business requirements and complex systems into easy-to-understand documentation in a cross-functional team environment.
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for internal or external engineering audiences.
- Improve existing onboarding processes with documentation, helping engineers get up to speed quickly.
- Maintain design systems guidelines site and document evolving content, terminology, and voice/tone standards.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to deliver UX solutions.
- Establish standards and practices routed in data and research to evaluate content.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 1-2 years of technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- Experience working in collaboration with developers to propose, plan, and deliver documentation solutions.
- You have a passion for technology and for helping others understand how complex systems work and can translate the necessary technical jargon into simplified documents.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to get the information you need to help shape the products you document as you develop an understanding of the business needs.
- Enjoys both technical and user experience writing and editing
- Experience writing for APIs, SDKs/APKs, and embedded systems
- Comfortable working with ambiguity. This role is fluid, and will frequently evolve based on partner, strategy, and product priorities.