The Business Intelligence Developer works with the data team in maintaining and developing cube and any SQL platform issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and optimization of SSAS cubes and all data warehouse objects.
- Load, modify, and validate SSAS measures and dimensions as business requirements demand.
- Proactively identify and address problems/issues concerning data accuracy, integrity and relevance related to the Database and Cube environments.
- Provide back-end application support and daily administration associated to the data environments.
- Responsible for data profiling as well as SQL and database tuning / optimization.
- Analyze the client requirements and design technical solutions based on those requirements.
- Perform day to day troubleshooting of issues related to QA and Production.
- Design ETL audit control and scheduling processes.
- Develop testing and implementation strategy, conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify and resolve process bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Standardize SQL and SSAS monitoring solutions to ensure the appropriate notification and Escalation.
- Provide technical leadership by making recommendations for application development to enhance the existing solution or resolve production issues.
- Work within a fast paced, objective oriented environment.
- Managing and versioning the SSIS projects using Visual Studio Foundation Server.
- Participates in Client meetings, lead technical review meetings with team and/or client as required.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely communication of the status of assignment, job responsibilities, and the resolution of problems to the appropriate parties following established policies and procedures.
- Assist with capacity planning and resource expansion through data aggregation and analysis.
- Requires a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Minimum five years working as a Database engineer or a related role.
- Minimum of five years SSAS experience.
- Thorough understanding of database structures, theories, principles, & practices.
- Ability to write & troubleshoot SQL code & design stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, & constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Extensive knowledge with SSRSSSISTSql.
- Experience with C# andor VB.NET.
- Technical knowledge of MS SQL Server internals with emphasis on query performance.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues experience with best practices around database operations and project management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and non-technical concepts to peers, customers, and management
Job Category: Development/Analysis
Job Type: Direct-hire/Full-time
Job Location: Morris County NJ
Salary: $95K - $110K