A key challenge for today’s drug discovery scientists is the ability to access the most current and relevant data efficiently from internal and external data sources, ideally in a consolidated and cohesive project data view. Are you passionate about helping scientists improve their data utilization with a self-service data access and integrated analysis solution? Then we want you to join our US team of Scientific Informatics Consultants!
A successful consultant will get involved in early discussions with our customers to understand their scientific business objectives and technical requirements, and to explain how the company’s D360 solutions can best fit their needs. This consultant will support the implementations of company enterprise solutions at client sites and engage in activities such as workshops and training events to ensure client satisfaction and streamlined data-driven research. The consultant will work closely with a Scientific Informatics Consultant to guide the implementation of D360 for a particular client.
This is a highly customer facing position and requires a unique mix of scientific, technical, business process, presentation, and communication skills both pre and post sales. Occasional travel to customer sites is required.
Key activities for Scientific Application Consultants
- Serves as the subject matter expert for analysis workflows in the early phases of the drug discovery (both chemical and biological modalities) with the ability to engage in business consulting activities.
- Leads and supports implementations of company enterprise solutions along with other consultants, which may involve activities such as client workshops and office hours, delivering training courses, and post-implementation support.
- Actively supports sales team as an expert on the technical, functional and integration aspects of company D360 enterprise solutions throughout the sales cycle, e.g., with onsite software demonstrations and by contributing to responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs).
Other Activities for Scientific Application Consultants
- Serves as a point-of-contact for clients’ functional questions/issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, partners, and internal groups with the common goal of increasing market share for company enterprise solutions.
- Identifies product enhancements based on client interactions and works with the Product Management and Software Engineering groups to design solutions for client requirements.
- Domain knowledge of drug discovery workflows in small molecule therapeutics, biologics therapeutics or biology areas.
- Understanding of scientific data analysis and visualization applications and the fundamentals of software for drug discovery
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a research role within the pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery, ideally in the areas of medicinal chemistry or assay development.
- Knowledge of common tools in the industry for capturing and managing scientific/research data, including biological assay results, chemical registration/inventory systems, preclinical/clinical data management.
- Strong business acumen, with ability to assess and articulate customer value creation
- Capable of delivering product demonstrations of company software solutions to customers and prospects
- Self-starter that can work across multiple projects both independently and as part of a distributed team.
Desired Areas of Technical Expertise:
- Experienced user of common scientific data retrieval software (Dotmatics, Thermo PFS, Perkin Elmer Signal Factory, etc.). Prior use of D360 a plus.
- Strong knowledge of drug discovery workflows for small molecules and/or biologics.
- Experience with SAR analysis
- Familiarity with relevant data capture and transfer standards (such as CDISC SEND and SDTM) a plus.