Technology Associate (Help Desk/Desktop Support)
|Location||San Diego, California|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$80K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||DR1519091604|
Our client is currently looking for a Technology Associate as part of the Information Systems team. The Technology Associate assists with the day-to-day operations of the organizations internal technology solutions ensuring Five Star Client Service. Consistent Five Star interactions with all user groups related to Technology Solutions Center and Projects/Initiatives. Proactive and preventative identification of processes and equipment as it relates to technology. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an outgoing personality, consistently demonstrated mental agility, very strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude with a tenacious desire to learn. They should also have a determined work ethic and be confident to tackle new challenges.
- This is a help desk/desktop support position.
- Maintain a stable network environment to assure maximum productivity of firm systems including servers, desktops and laptops.
- Review and suggest improvements for new technologies and software’s.
- Analyze current trends in technology such as use of iPhones/iPads in the Windows environment.
- Manage VOIP and Smart Phone telecommunication systems.
- Maintain network backup system and test on a regular basis.
- Maintain virus detection policies and procedures.
- Maintain Operating System Integrity and security.
- Learn the basic system functions of all network and utility programs.
- Provide internal office support for all office software applications and validate licensing.
- Install, upgrade and modify software and hardware, and keep a running inventory of both using help-desk software (Track-IT).
- New employee setup, orientation and training.
- Relocation of computer and phone equipment.
- Implement directives outlined by the technology manager.
- Maintain laptop inventory and management of laptops.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Help Desk capacity required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with Windows networks in a Windows environment.
Continual reading of trade publications in order to maintain technology skills will also be required.
- Client-service oriented.
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Team player, adaptable, flexible, personable and able to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Articulate communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work nights & weekends remotely, as needed and occasionally, required.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.