Sr. Java Developer
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$110,000 + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||DR99200421103|
Part of the responsibilities of this role is the implementation of new features and the extension of existing software components. This includes server-side applications as well as desktop-, web- and mobile-client applications. Another important part of the position is the design of internal and external APIs as well as ensuring their maintainability and sustainability. As a professional in the position, a senior software developer is also in charge to support and coach less experienced team members and share the knowledge and experience with the team. In this sense the position plays an important role in ensuring code quality, maintainability and appropriate code documentation.
- Development of innovative Java server- and client-applications.
- Participation in the entire development process (analysis, design, implementation, documentation).
- Ensuring Software quality (security, performance, availability, scalability, etc.)
- Ensuring the sustainability and maintainability of the whole system architecture.
- Analysis and evaluation of frameworks, libraries and concepts.
- Identification of vulnerabilities and weaknesses of existing components and implementations.
- Improvement and redesign of identified problems.
- Supporting and coaching of less experienced team members (share knowledge and train team members).
- Participation in code review processes.
- Introduction and extension of test automation.
- Ensuring the efficiency of continuous builds, continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
Bachelor’s degree / Completed technical education in the field of computer science/software development or equivalent experience in related area.
- 4-6 years of professional experience.
- Experience in the practical application of agile software development processes (required).
- Experience in the field of data modelling and data persistency (databases, ORM, etc) (required).
- Professional experience in OSGi-based application development (highly preferred).
- Experience with Swing, Android, Vaadin, Hibernate, Gradle, Git (preferred).
- UI & UX Design experience (preferred).
- Practical experience in the development of native desktop, web and mobile applications (preferred).
- Experience with Spring (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Network & com Deep knowledge about the whole Java ecosystem, excellent Java programming skills (required).
- Structured operation, analytical/logical thinking and accuracy required.
- Focus on performance, scalability, sustainability and flexibility.
- Team oriented, willingness to learn, conscientious work style.
- Knowledge about application life cycle management preferred.
- Knowledge about software architectures.
- Knowledge about API design and maintenance.
- Practical usage of Software Design Patterns.
- Knowledge about operating systems.
- Network & communication protocols.
- Full time.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.