A key challenge for today’s drug discovery scientists is the ability to access the most current and relevant data efficiently from internal and external data sources, ideally in a consolidated and cohesive project data view. D360 is a data informatics hub used by research scientists around the world allowing them to internalize data efficiently and make the decisions needed to help accelerate the process of drug development. As the number of clients we assist increases, we have a growing need for project management and process improvements around D360 software deployment projects. Are you passionate about elevating the efficiencies of our services team and helping clients adopt a self-service data access and integrated analysis solution? Then we want you to join our US team of solutions providers!
A successful deployment services project manager will get involved in early discussions with services team members to understand our clients’ business objectives and technical requirements. With this information the project manager will create successful implementation and deployment plans. This project manager will facilitate the team’s engagement with customers and drive overall projects from the perspectives of planning, resourcing, and business opportunity.
This position for a senior project manager will also provide the opportunity to review and assess current management and operations aspects of services team activities to provide input and implement enhanced processes and tools to facilitate our growing business needs.
This position involves a high degree of customer interaction and requires a mix of project management, business process and communication skills. Limited travel may be required.
- Full project life cycle ownership: providing input to the development of SoWs, applying, and balancing of services team resources, ensuring delivery of final solutions on time and on budget
- Development of project plans including potentially activities from customer internal initiatives, services team configuration activities as well as D360 product updates
- Aligning with software development team to scope customer-requested enhancements
- Manage project scope and assessing impact of internal or customer-driven changes
- Ensuring projects meet client expectations, deliverables, and timelines
- Foster relationship with existing clients for add-on/new project opportunities
- Working on multiple projects of varying size and scope simultaneously
- Regular project alignment meetings both internally and with customers
- Assist with project portfolio management for resource balancing and revenue forecasting
- Provide input for reporting on projects to executive management
- Work well in a distributed team environment; management, development, and services
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, partners, and internal personnel with the common goal of increasing market share of company enterprise solutions
- Provide analysis of processes and tools with goal of increasing management efficiencies while maintaining existing high quality of standards
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- or M.S. (preferred) degree (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline, or project management
- 7+ years of project management experience, including planning, tracking, and reporting projects
- Experience managing globally distributed services teams and projects
- Proficiency with MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
- Ability to clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of databases, integration technologies, and common tools in the industry for capturing and managing scientific/research data
- Familiarity in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Desirable practical experience in a client-facing role within pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery or development