The IT Network Engineer supports, installs, configures, and maintains the organization’s global corporate/internal network, telephony services and supports the company’s global security program. The role will be responsible for driving and organizing corporate office site builds, implementing various network/telephony projects, upgrades and participating in strategic planning to meet our company objectives. The ideal candidate will be a knowledge expert who is energized by hands on involvement in design, implementation, technology, and problem solving.
Designs, Installs, Administers, maintains, recommends and is responsible for:
• Global Corporate Network LAN/WAN (Zscaler, Cisco, Meraki).
• Corporate site to site and client VPN, Office Wi-Fi Services.
• RADIUS Authentication.
• Data & voice circuit ordering, installation, and Circuit Management.
• Network projects and standards encompassing LAN, WAN, high availability strategies, QoS, IP, SDWAN, VoIP/IP Telephony and office infrastructure.
• Network security control systems with such as IPS, URL filtering, Web Proxy, DDOS mitigation etc.
• Network software/hardware for new sites and retrofits.
Participates in security incident response processes and activities as appropriate.
Contributes as a key technical project resource for new site builds.
Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolution; ability to provide status updates and reports Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Policies, Procedures and KB
Operationalize processes that can be performed by the Operations Team.
Provides tier-3 helpdesk support for domain area as needed.
Maintains a high quality of technical support to ensure effective productivity for the management, established employees, and future team members.
Maintains a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers.
Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
Six to eight years + of experience in a similar hands-on engineering role working with:
• Designing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Cisco/Meraki routers, firewalls, layer 2 / layer 3 switches, wireless access points and VPN/SDWAN.
• Designing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Zscaler ZIA and ZPA.
• Wireless layout and channel optimization, QoS prioritization, Traffic shaping, HA/Failover, BGP.
• Network security access control systems with IPS, Anti-Malware, Anti-virus, URL filtering, Web Proxy, DDOS mitigation etc.
• New site deployments and equipment provisioning or replacement through both in-person installations and pre-configure / ship for remote guided installations.
• Advanced network tracing tools
Two to five years configuration experience working with:
• New circuit provisioning and carrier management.
• Azure infrastructure, virtual networks, and virtual devices.
• Demonstrated deep experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC) certificates and directory authentication integrations.
• Experience with supporting offsite and international users required.
• Previous experience working for a hyper-growth company is preferred.
• Prior experience working with the ITIL framework in an FDA regulated environment is highly preferred.