Our client is seeking Senior Manager, Digital Technology to join our technology and operations team for Ecommerce who will architect, design, and deliver business initiatives that drive revenue and/or improve efficiency. The individual will maintain an in-depth view of the organization’s technologies and architecture. This role will be accountable for an aspirational roadmap for the Digital stack with a focus on industry specific trends, emerging technologies, and strategic differentiators. The individual will present and socialize the current and future state of Digital Products and Platforms to various stakeholders. This role will report to the Director of Digital Operations and Technology. This is a newly created role on the team, with oversight on multiple teams and vendors involved.
- Own, ideate, architect, and drive the projects in ecommerce roadmap.
- Evaluate emerging technologies around Salesforce and build a path for adoption into the current technology stack.
- Partner with multiple teams to create prototypes, provide resolutions, and proof of concepts.
- Establish non-functional benchmarks and corresponding requirements across platforms and ensure the overall architecture is scalable, performs well, and is supportable
- Evaluate, design, scope, and document integration effort for new products, processes, technologies, and solutions.
- Conduct evaluation of 3rd party solutions relative to business requirements and processes and guide formulation of solution recommendations.
- Proactively identify systems / tools that need a technology refresh and create the future state point of view.
- Conduct feasibility studies, point-of-views, competitive and impact analysis to support various strategic and tactical business needs.
- Create and maintain key architecture artifacts – current state, transition state, and future state of the overall digital ecosystem and establish Digital point of view.
- Define the future state technology strategy for key business capabilities, align with key business and technology stake holders and establish vision and platform roadmap.
- Experience working on Salesforce Commerce Cloud E-commerce platform and sound knowledge of Web Applications on various infrastructures
- Strong understanding of SFCC, SFRA, CDN, NodeJS, ETL, Build Processes, Web Vitals, Code quality evaluations, Atlassian processes, and Microservices.
- Experience in implementation and integration of various solutions such as Product Information Management (PIM), Content Management Systems (CMS), Digital Asset Management (DAM) and A/B Testing Solutions.
- Demonstrated ability architecting multi-tenant systems and platforms with a focus on building reference applications, across a variety of platforms.
- Deep understanding of Content Delivery Networks, Network traffic routing and Service Workers.
- Deep understanding of Payment and Order Management systems and integration concepts – REST, SOAP, Batch, SFTP, API Gateways.
- Experience in headless architecture, progressive web apps as well as API Orchestration with an overarching focus on performance optimization.
- Prior exposure or experience in one of the cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of Sales Force Marketing Cloud and Sales Force Service Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge of IT security and regulatory compliance (PCI, PII, etc.)
- Bachelor Computer Science, or Applications, or related technology field, OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of Digital Solution Architecture experience in Retail or Consumer web environment
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and ability to lead, direct and challenge teams in process, methods, and approach.
- Should have strong communication, leadership, and negotiation skills to work closely with business and other cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce ecosystems and processes that include end-to-end data flows and processing from order management, fulfillment, payments, customer service and other back-end systems
- Experienced in working across multiple teams and adapting the architecture to meet business needs