Our client is on the search for a Senior Systems Engineer for its NYC office. This role will be responsible for providing direction and guidance to those on site as well as serve as point person during project implementation. It will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operations of company's in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
The Senior Systems Engineer leads in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure and systems with the goal of enhancing performance and will involve monitoring performance, security, asset management, and helpdesk support. This individual will also make recommendations and work with project managers and IT team to achieve departmental goals, as well as mentor and provide guidance to IT team on IT systems related matters.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Day to Day:
• Understand all current and upcoming system requirements, including fine-level details and overarching strategic goals, and communicate this information effectively to staff members and leadership.
• Collaborate with team to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems to fulfill business objectives and processes.
• Work with key stakeholders to define business requirements and system goals and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
• Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
• Coordinate and manage the day to day of IT Manager, Systems Administrator and IT Helpdesk technician.
Cybersecurity and Business Continuity:
• Responsible for all cybersecurity related concerns.
• Preserve assets by implementing and managing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures.
• Oversee relationship with third-party cybersecurity vendor.
This position will report into the Chief Technology Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 10 -12 years of IT systems engineering experience.
• Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
• Highly organized.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate highly specialized and technical information to diverse audiences, both written and verbally.
• Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
• Technical curiosity with continued interest in learning.
• Strong TCP / IP networking skills (routing, switching, firewalls, wireless access points).
• Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure and Office365, Suite, VMWare 6.7-7.0, Pure Storage, SharePoint Administration, Windows Server 2016 – 2022.
• Project Management Certification.
• Microsoft MCSE or similar Microsoft certification.
• Product or system certification (i.e.: Cisco).
• Software development abilities.
Good to have Knowledge:
• Microsoft Intune / Autopilot (or SCCM), MS Teams, Windows 10/11, Cisco Meraki Networking, MS Dynamics 365, MS SL Accounting software, MS SQL server with SSRS and SSIS, Tibco Scribe Server, Power BI, PowerShell (or programming experience).
• Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
• Solid critical thinking and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently and work independently.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
• Collaborative with a strong focus on teamwork