This position is a hands-on role which includes supporting the various services in IT Infrastructure from Networking, to Wintel Servers, IaaS-to-cloud solutions in AWS and/or Azure, and Data Center operations. This role will be responsible for managing projects, while serving as a key project member to ensure they are carried out successfully. Additional responsibilities include serving as a point of escalation for support that will include service-related problems, complex technical issues, and sensitive cases.
- Manage the design, configuration, implementation and support of hardware, virtualization, storage, software, security, and virtual networking solutions.
- Manage the monitoring and troubleshooting of system issues in a mission critical environment.
- Design and support of the remote enterprise-wide LAN/WAN technology.
- Undertake and manage complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge.
- Identify opportunities to enhance, improve and use new ideas and technologies within the environment.
- Lead various IT related strategic projects as assigned.
- Formulate processes and procedures based on industry based best practices.
- Work closely with other members in IT Operations to manage and support renewable initiatives including site connectivity, data acquisition, network security, and reporting.
- Manage coordinated efforts between internal technical teams and outside 3rd parties.
- Work on various initiatives as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or Information Management, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in IT Infrastructure - Networking, Server, Storage, Data Center
- Advanced understanding of Virtual Infrastructure, Server, Networking including Active Directory and Cloud based services (AWS, Azure)
- Advanced understanding of CISCO and/or Fortinet technology or comparable Next-generation Firewall technology.
- Strong foundation in IT Infrastructure & Operations, architecture, engineering, and configuration management
- Experience working on Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, and Network Management Tools
- Knowledge of Site to Site and remote access protocols L2TP, IPSec and SSL VPN, MPLS
- Understanding of storage and data management, including backup and replication practices as it relates to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Familiarity with telecommunications technologies, networking protocols, scripting and automation.
- Experience with managing multiple highly visible projects and facilitating audit exercises (NERC, SOX).
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of mainstream computing technologies.
- Ability to work with end users, independently lead and mentor IT associates.
- Experience leading personnel, managing workflow and promoting teamwork.
- Experience with IT/OT ecosystem or SCADA preferred.