Our client is seeking an ambitious, creative, and analytical Director of eCommerce to manage the North America eCommerce growth activities through an accelerated growth phase for the brand.
This role requires a business leader with a can-do, test-and-learn, entrepreneurial and innovative mindset. The candidate will direct all day-to-day operations on-site with responsibility and accountability for topline sales, operating metrics, KPI’s, site budget management, A/P budgets and achieving bottom line targets.
This candidate will support the end-to-end eCommerce digital flagship experience, identifying the most promising areas for growth, optimizing and testing, to ensure traffic directed onsite is being optimized efficiently for conversion. Leadership of site calendar and promo strategy, onsite merchandising strategy to maximize product optimization, new customer acquisition, site experience and drive engagement.
This role leads a small team across Site Merchandising, UX and Digital Marketing functions; but also partners closely cross-functionally with Marketing, CRM, Creative/Copy, Digital Ops/Technology, IT, Planning/Finance and Merchandising. This position is based in Edison, New Jersey, reporting into the SVP, Global Marketing and Ecommerce.
• Management of the eCommerce P&L, driving to achieve top-line and bottom-line results, overseeing sales, budgets, and expenses to maximize ROAS
• Manage daily eCommerce sales calendar and partner with Planning team on monthly sales forecasting
• Build seasonal eCommerce strategy and roadmap that aligns with company’s overall business objectives, goals, and overall company growth
• Stewardship of overall site experience, translating brand vision online, inclusive of A/B testing, landing page optimization, conversion rate optimization, and web analytics.
• Optimize conversion rate through a mobile-first methodology and proven best practices, including continuous test & learn, heat mapping & customer feedback/surveys
• Measurement of customer P&L, focusing on new customer recruitment and retention strategies, to drive accelerated growth
• Partner with CRM to develop annual DTC sales goals and build forecast to drive engagement, focusing on retention, re-activation and cross-channel strategies
• Leverage CDP and Tech stack to shift towards increased onsite personalization
• Analyze key business metrics to evaluate and constantly improve site performance through partnership with Digital Marketing driving ROAS through SEM, SEO, Paid and Affiliate
• Partner closely with Digital Operations & Technology lead to direct and manage large portfolio of MarTech vendor inclusive of eCommerce (SFCC), Digital Marketing, Data Mgt.
• (CDP) and various external experts ranging from machine learning / recommendation engine, ratings & reviews, engagement tools, site personalization, etc.
• Manage site maintenance plan, budget, and priorities
• Lead in the research of website industry trends, benchmarking & best practices, and identifying opportunities to make improvements that impact sales and push the business
• Promote and execute the best online user experience methodologies and visual product curation and merchandising strategies that drive engagement and conversion, repeat purchases, etc.
• Initiate strategic site enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency
• Spearhead cross functional support (i.e., copy, graphics/photography, creative, CRM) to ensure all aspects drive sales and brand engagement
• Analyze and report out on customer demographics and purchasing behavior to monitor trends and future sales growth
• Serve as the primary contact for the back of house operations – Customer Service & Fulfillment
• 8 + years of online experience & 5+ years of managerial experience
• Proven leadership and with team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performance team
• Experience in retail digital space, luxury experience is a plus
• Analytical, strategic, and entrepreneurial mindset, thrives in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Excellent project management skills, a strong problem solver with clear attention to detail, and passion for pioneering new customer acquisition and growth
• Manage all aspects of the ecommerce platform and integrations, work cross functionally to ensure operational/tech efficiencies, and continuously improve site functionality and operations to deliver best in class experience.
• Proven experience and knowledge of Digital Marketing side of ecommerce, hands-on experience with paid, SEO, SEM, A/B testing, landing page optimization, conversion rate optimization, and web analytics (GA).
• Strong skills in strategy, planning, budget, P/L management, site merchandising.
• Strong communicator and cross-functional skills
• Online site UX expertise, (both on desktop and mobile)
• Must have experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud integrations and implementations
• Experience in checkout solutions i.e., Apple pay, Klarna, After Pay, Affirm, PayPal, etc.
• Extensive track record of working cross-functionally with Merchandising, Retail Stores, Marketing, CRM, Fulfillment, Customer Service, IT and Digital Ops/Technology and external vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree required; specialization in eCommerce, Digital Operations and/or Digital Marketing preferred