Director Information Technologies
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Job ID Number||DR7019111803|
- Responsible for implementation and coordination of IT objectives and programs to include planning, budgeting and overseeing business systems, information systems, networks, communications, imaging technologies, security, governance and compliance.
- Primary advisor to President, CIO and senior leadership as it relates to the development and enhancement of information technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Will identify business improvements opportunities, define project vision and strategy along with all elements related to the business case.
- Drive technology innovation, global adoption, integration, and training.
- Lead research and development of new and emerging technologies within the organization.
- Drive process improvement activities leveraging technology where appropriate and pure process improvement where technology might deter productivity.
- Build and execute product roadmaps to support goals endorsed by stakeholders.
- Determine the best technical implementation methods as well as reasonable execution schedules.
- Build and manage relationships with senior leader counterparts in Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance and Business Units; lead global and cross-functional teams optimized for successful business execution.
- Mentor staff into a high performing, value-adding, customer-oriented team. Manage technical competency and skills training to ensure technical proficiency of staff.
- Manage daily tasks of the front office and back office teams and set short-term and long-term goals for staff.
- Direct/control the use of third-party resources wherever necessary to provide delivery and/or maintenance of applications and solutions. Manage the day to day operational relationships with key strategic vendor and outsourced service providers. Ensure best rates are negotiated, SLA’s in place as required and manage expenditures against budget.
- Manage risks to the business including software licensing, hardware and software maintenance, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and manage to major project and program budgets, activities, schedules and milestones. Proactively identify technical dependencies and roadblocks to mitigate risks and ensure successful execution of projects.
- Prioritize, delegate and monitor key project and program activities.
- Manage the resourcing and participation of staff in IT projects. Monitor projects progress and performance. Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Implement IT systems based on global standards. Document policies and procedures to ensure audit, ITGC, HIPAA, Regulatory and J-SOX compliance.
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. with a technical emphasis. MBA a plus.
- Experience in an engineering environment a plus.
- Provide evidence of progressively responsible senior management leadership and experience indicative of senior management level capability.
- Must demonstrate experience supervising employees through subordinate directors and managers.
- 10+ years proven IT experience, staff management and project management including medium to large scale projects.
- Comfortable recruiting and managing a global, multi-site team.
- Strong background in implementing SaaS solutions connecting front and back office.
- Natural leader and mentor. Excellent communication, leadership, problem resolution, coaching, mentoring, documentation and presentation skills. Proven ability to build, motivate and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach with variety of IT and non-IT constituents.
- Naturally accountable and responsible; self-starting and self-motivated, while maintaining a strong team work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic, professional manner.
- Verbally and visually present complex concepts and technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Excellent vendor relationship, management and negotiation skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to evolve business and systems strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent business acumen. Ability to provide input and guidance to senior management necessary to meet the strategic long-term goals relative to technology direction.