Director, Enterprise Business Systems
|Location||Elmwood Park, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Job ID Number||19128|
The person in this position will be responsible for owning the IT components of large strategic initiatives in partnership with the operational leadership across all divisions. As part of their role, this person will align initiatives across system roadmaps, facilitate workflow and process design efforts, partner on systems integration strategies, and other non-functional requirements for the non-clinical systems across the enterprise. This position reports to the CIO and will partner with Director and VP level management. The person in this role will supervise product managers for each of the functional areas they own, and partner closely with engineering managers, test teams, and other product management leaders in the organization. On large enterprise initiatives, the person in this role may collaborate with a project manager from the corporate PMO.
If you are looking for a challenging environment where you will lead innovative Digital Healthcare technology projects end-to-end, this is the ideal opportunity for you. You should consider this position if you:
- Have deep healthcare systems development and/or deployment experience around some of the following: Acute Care, Ambulatory/Ancillary Revenue Cycle Management, Patient Registration systems, Health Information Management platforms, and have a good understanding of medical necessity and other important decision support considerations for CPOE.
- Have some knowledge of Healthcare IT Systems vendors and experience with integrating vendors in the past.
- Are constantly mindful of the big-picture while being able to dive into details.
- Are a talented leader who can engage and empower your delegate product managers to deliver the right mix of speed, comprehensive planning, and optimal solutions to the business.
- You must enjoy working to solve challenges protecting the quality of delivery within the scope & deadlines.
- Lead delivery & product management for multiple systems through their entire lifecycle.
- Facilitate dialog between engineers & stakeholders to produce optimal plans balancing user experience, timeline, and integration complexity.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor product managers, providing ongoing direction and support.
- Serve as senior representative of the CIO in collaboration with Business Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Engineering team and Project Management groups.
- Lead an Iterative and Agile Project to promote rapid delivery of high-impact deliverables.
- Work with the team to understand scope of new projects and identify preliminary impacts for estimation refining estimates and requirements throughout project lifecycle.
- Lead the translation of business needs into actionable documentation/specifications, including use case scenarios, models and conceptual design diagrams to support iterative development.
- Communicate clear information to ensure project teams understand project plans and requirements.
- Participate as needed in internal project status meetings and daily scrums with cross-functional, integrated teams.
- Ensure delivery of project status, meeting notes, and resource reports; keeps management and others informed of project status.
- Coordinate, motivate and follow up with all stakeholders & resources to ensure project progresses is on schedule and goals and requirements are me.
- Generates innovative ideas to resolve problems.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all defined target goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success.
- Evaluate and present solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Participate in QA led test prep and planning activities, as well as defect triage to ensure projects are on track.
- Effectively communicate with IT and business stakeholders with varying levels of authority and responsibility.
- Work experience at or supporting a healthcare provider with Revenue Cycle domain expertise.
- Work experience in an IT senior leadership role leading analysis and product/project delivery.
- Work experience in IT product management and/or big consulting experience.
- Experience developing product roadmaps.
- Experience using Agile planning and estimation approaches.
- Experience with self-developed systems planning, delivery, deployment, validation and support.
- Experience with vendor-oriented RFP, integration, deployment, and support.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong planning and estimating skills.
- Ability to work with business users, understand their needs, and translate such into final project deliverables.
- Ability to work with technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams.
- Must be able to identify, access and resolve complex business problems/issues/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Strong strategic focus and results orientation.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in Discovery and Development.
- Strong interpersonal negotiation skills, ability to lead teams to consensus.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.