19232 – Director, Digital Merchandising & B2B Sales
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Job ID Number||19232|
The Director, Digital Merchandising & B2B Sales is responsible for the planning, requirements, selection, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and support of 2D/3D merchandising and B2B Digital Sales systems to empower Digital Go To Market Strategy inclusive of our retail and wholesale sectors. The span of responsibility will be global. This position will be tasked with ensuring existing and newly developed business processes can be supported by deployed technologies and/or any future technology investments. The Director will provide leadership and guidance to multidisciplinary project/product teams to influence and drive software selection, software development, business solution development, business stakeholder alignment and consulting services employing traditional and lean methodologies. The Director partners with their respective business partners in the development of the short & long term, strategic systems plan, including the justification, management & execution of supporting initiatives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Manage the rollout and extension of IT Merchandising and B2B Sales systems across the organization.
- Support existing implementations of Merchandising & B2B Sales tools in all brands/locations.
- Drive the proliferation of Merchandising & B2B Sales across all brands/locations.
- Work with business partners to deliver new functional capabilities and surface new opportunities to evolve design and merchandising systems. Work cross-functionally to design and develop feasible plans and approaches to create alignment with technical and business stakeholders.
- Become a trust advisor for support and adoption of merchandising & B2B Sales systems.
- Deliver project scope within time/cost/quality constraints.
- Manage and prioritize the project plan and actively mitigate risks.
- Proactively align newly requested functionality/capabilities to software platforms and expected benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of IT project management experience.
- 5+ years of working with Merchandising & Digital Sales systems in the apparel industry.
- 10+ years of Merchandising / Digital Sales experience in the apparel industry.
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching other in IT project management methodologies.
- Experience in implementation of new software systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related fields. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Exceptional team leader with ability to influence through others to achieve business outcomes.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence. Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong track record of project delivery – on time and on budget.
- In-depth knowledge of Merchandising & Digital B2B Selling - knowledge of Merchandising & Digital B2B Sales tools in the apparel industry is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of apparel merchandising & digital sales
- Logical and thoughtful in approach and influential in presenting solution options.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong negotiation, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Consensus builder.
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with internal and external business partners.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving issues or concerns before they occur or become critical.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.