The Specialty & Surplus Digital Data Services team leverages Agile software development principles to achieve success in its support of the business. We are a dynamic organization always on the lookout for intelligent, capable employees who are passionate about their career. We are seeking a Cloud Developer to join our team and help us continue to provide a high level of support to our business partners, while planning for our exciting future in the cloud. If you are interested in contributing to the transformation of an IT organization utilizing cutting edge tools, then this is the place for you!
The Digital Data Services team is looking for a mid-level Cloud Developer.
This position is to support and develop in house, cloud based, data driven development initiatives, which involves/includes:
- Data Lake development for reporting, analytics and machine learning purposes
- Working with the full suite of AWS Services (CLI, EC2, S3, Lambda, DMS, Glue, etc.)
- Working with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Working with Microsoft SQL Server tools (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Working with databases and data pipelines in Snowflake
- Data ingestion using Kafka, AirByte or other near-real-time data intake tools
- Setting up a server for an application or standalone API
- Using Confluence and JIRA to manage tasks, projects, and documentation
- Working with version control software such as Git and Bitbucket
- Working with the various business units to analyze need, recommend solutions, and work with the team to prioritize, plan, and execute on deliverables
- Communicate with other Digital teams, as well as the Business Units, to clearly define project goals, discuss timelines, and provide input on solutions
Become an agent of change and use your creativity and skills to implement new technology and skills.
The Digital Data Services Cloud Developer will work with a group of highly motivated and experienced technologists who have spent the past several years working hard to implement innovative tools to the company Surplus & Specialty Organization for quick and scalable business solutions.
Individuals that would best match our needs should have:
- Minimum of 3 years of developer experience (AWS Cloud, SQL)
- A passion for learning
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Certification a plus, not required)
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation
- Experience with the following a plus: Snowflake, Kafka, AirByte, Tableau
- Strong SQL background
- Experience working with APIs
- Great communication, note taking, and organizational skills
- Fair and friendly approach
- Good understanding of the SDLC process (how software is built)
- An ability to leverage web searches and online training to obtain new skills quickly
- An ability to present to all levels of audience
- Experience with Production Support and Troubleshooting
- A passion for a dynamic, fast changing environment
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude
- An innovative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with external vendors
- Ability to take ownership and see tasks through to completion
- Will abide by departmental policies and procedures, including authority levels, to comply with company’s management controls.
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash, and AWS CLI
- Degree or certification in Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, or equivalent