The Cyber Security Engineer will be deeply engaged in a dynamic, creative environment that is closely aligned with strategic business and security objectives to secure all aspects of the company environment. The position will require a candidate to have proven technical leadership experience and a track record of engineering and implementing security solutions in large complex environments. The candidate must have foundational knowledge in endpoint security, network security, web security, data security technologies, cloud security technologies, vulnerability, and threat management.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job
• Work to ensure the security infrastructure and tools are properly deployed, operational, secure, and configured appropriately.
• Deploy and operationalize Vulnerability assessment tools
• Deploy and operationalize SIEM and security correlation platform
• Work with groups to optimize and operationalize Firewalls and other network security infrastructure
• Deploy and operationalize Identity and credential management tools
• Deploy and operationalize Endpoint Detection & Response technologies
• Collaborate on solutions for security problems, gaps, vulnerabilities, etc.
• Optimize and enforce authorized network/device policies to increase security posture
• Assist security operations in conducting triage assessments of findings from various security tools
• Assess security posture through performing in-depth analysis, problem identification, and solution designs
• Provide a point of contact for all security issues as needed escalating from security operations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of cybersecurity experience
• In-depth knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint security software, cloud security tools, vulnerability & threat management tools, SIEM, encryption, and other industry-standard tools and protocols.
• Extensive technical understanding of operating systems and how to secure them. (Windows, *nix, OSX, etc.)
• High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Substantial hands-on technical foundation (systems, networking, and/or software engineering), preferably as an engineer.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are necessary. Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
• Practical expertise in cybersecurity, including experience in Cloud Security, Application Security (DevSecOps), network security, endpoint security, threat modeling, SIEM, IAM, and various security controls.
• Understanding of industrial control systems and differences between IT and OT security techniques.
• Cybersecurity, and/or technical certifications such as CISM, CISSP, or similar.
• Understanding of zero trust architecture and defense-in-depth principles.
• Knowledge of common InfoSec management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST, or PCI DSS.