|Location||New York City|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$80K-$105K + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||DR2219121905|
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving business problems leveraging technology? Have you worked as part of cross-functional teams leveraging Agile/Scrum methodologies? Do you have functional expertise in digital commerce solutions like eCommerce, direct to consumer, omni-channel solutions, CRM systems, etc…? If so, we are looking for you!
As a business analyst you will work closely with digital commerce teams across, to translate business needs into functional requirements and work with engineering teams to deliver technical solutions aligned with business needs. You will also partner closely with product managers as well as external vendors to drive project execution including User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and rollout of technology solutions.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Position:
Requirements & Product Roadmaps:
- Act as a functional expert on eCommerce and Digital Commerce related systems.
- Lead workshops and story gathering sessions with eCommerce stakeholders that translate business needs into functional requirements.
- Create epics and user stories for engineering teams.
- Partner with product managers to create and maintain product roadmaps and backlogs.
- Functional & Business User Testing.
- Review and provide feedback to engineering teams on functional test scripts/scenarios.
- Actively collaborate with engineering teams to validate solution(s) throughout each sprint.
- Lead end-of-sprint demos in partnership with product managers; facilitate and collate business feedback during the demos.
- Coordinate with eCommerce stakeholders on user acceptance testing strategy, planning and tracking.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop training strategies.
- Liaison for systems related issues, requests, etc.
- Communicate and work with eCommerce, product and engineering on all issues and needs.
- Coordinate new capability and feature prioritization with business owners and product managers.
- Craft and deliver presentations on new capabilities and enhancements to assigned platforms.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years IT experience with minimum 3 years of experience working in a business analysis role.
- 2 years of business analysis experience in Fashion, Retail or CPG industries is preferred.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams delivering eCommerce technology solutions or digital commerce products using agile methodologies.
- Experience writing detailed user stories and creating and maintaining a product backlog.
- Experience with one of the major eCommerce platforms (WebSphere Commerce, Salesforce Commerce/Demandware, ATG etc.)
- Previous experience implementing other digital commerce, direct to consumer or omni-channel solutions is preferred.
Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field.
Specific skills required for Business Analyst; Global Digital Commerce include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills – communicates effectively and at the right level based on the audience.
- Cross functional coordination – coordinates input and participation from diverse set of business stakeholders.
- Business Relationships – grows and strengthens relationships with business partners.
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles as well as Waterfall project management.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts.
- Strong functional knowledge of products in the eCommerce & direct to consumer space. Experience with one or more of the following platforms is strongly preferred – eCommerce, content management platforms, CRM systems.
- Platform experience with Jira, Trello, Airtable and/or others.
Following skills are not required, but preferred:
- WebSphere Commerce and/or Salesforce Commerce certifications.
- Agile methodology certifications.
- Experience working with content and web analytics platforms.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.