As a member of the Data Analytics group, the Associate Director, Commercial Analytics is part of a high performing team that provides actionable, innovative solutions to address key business questions & opportunities. The position requires a person who can work independently with limited supervision and feel comfortable working across a complex matrix environment including interaction with third party vendors and consultants, company management and current and potential partner companies. Documented expertise in a variety of disciplines is a plus in this position.
• This position will be responsible for providing analytics support and recommendations to senior sales, marketing, and market access leadership regarding various initiatives, targeting efforts, analyses, and ad-hoc queries.
• Proactively identify solutions to field needs with existing report data. Lead the review of recommended solutions with field leadership for confirmation and development of action plans. Build training documents to ensure optimal use of tools.
• As “Subject Matter Expert” this position interprets key business reports providing business insights/cause effect pertaining to the reported information.
• This position develops and maintains reporting and validation testing standards for the department, and monitors compliance with these standards.
• Oversee data quality management process for assigned brand/s with external and internal data providers to ensure timely, accurate and complete patient and specialty pharmacy data.
• Per assigned business responsibility, this position interacts with field and home office personnel to understand the business information needs, make recommendations and documents necessary reporting requirements. Additionally, this position acts as the key “go-to person” for resolving field reporting and data inquiries issues.
• This position works closely with Field Sales through regular feedback meetings and surveys to continually improve systems and processes aimed at increasing Field effectiveness and company performance.
• Develop & maintain business rules/ SOP documentation with internal stakeholders, including the execution of business requirements.
• Lead Third Party Agreements and Vendor Management for assigned business group.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in an analytic discipline - engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, etc. Master’s degree in a similar field or an MBA preferred
• Summarize, analyze, prepare, present various reports and findings in a clear/concise manner
• Strong Knowledge of third-party pharmaceutical sales and script data (DDD, NSP, Xponent, DataView, longitudinal patient data, claims data, etc.)
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry specific to commercial operations or related field is required
• Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
• Excellent administrative, organizational, project management and analytical skills are required
• Customer focused with excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels within organization
• Experience in working with IT staff as well as familiarity with Veeva and storage/organization, data access for organizational consumption
• MS Excel, PowerPoint, and BI tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.) -Intermediate to Advanced user
• Prior consulting experience a plus
• Finely tuned attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple demands
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proven and successful team player