Lead Developer, Oracle Apps. DBA
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$118,000 + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||DR9920042704|
General Summary of Position:
This is a technical administrative position where the incumbent has overall responsibilities to support and manage Oracle EBS, ERP, OBIEE, ETL, SOA middleware and CRM application - including architecture, performance and day to day 24X7 operations support in Dev, Test and Production environments. The person in this role performs Application DBA and Application administration roles, working with other DBA team members, and cloud/outsource providers.
This is a hands-on position.
The person in this role works with BA, Development team, Infrastructure and support team and project managers, in ensuring smooth and efficient operations support. The person is responsible for planning and supporting global roll outs, coordination of current application patches and upgrades and integration with other FMW and EDI services, working with outsourced infrastructure providers. The incumbent is also responsible for coordination of tuning, monitoring and fixing issues related to these applications and services along with the outsource provider, expanding the partnership relationship with outsourced and cloud service providers.
Business Analysts, OBIEE and ETL analysts, ERP analysts DBA support team, and outsource hosting provider DBAs.
Responsibilities & Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure the effective daily operation of all the ERP, OBIEE, ETL, SOA Middleware, and CRM applications and provides administrative support for new implementations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Ensure current Patch levels, release upgrades, code migrations are managed and scheduled with outsource partner(s).
- Monitor and ensure application and DB performance.
- Provide support in user provisioning, de-provisioning and security administration.
- Effective collaboration with infrastructure teams, application development teams, testing and release teams and outsource teams.
- Monitors the application systems for issues with disk space, CPU usage, memory problems or other issues that may impact the end-users, coordinate with hosting partners to schedule and manage corrective actions.
- Organizes and documents the backup and recovery processes for applications as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule monthly maintenance weekend work managing schedules with users and outsource provider resources.
- Perform after-hours (on-call) emergency work as required.
- Ensure all change management and approval processes are strictly followed to guarantee full audit trail and management approval of all changes to each environment.
- Insure all polices are followed to keep security and change management.
Key Position Requirements:
- Bachelor*s degree or equivalent.
- Oracle DBA training/experience.
- 10+ years of Apps DBA, Administrative experience in the areas described above.
- Strong background in trouble shooting and managing performance issues.
- 5+ years as lead DBA in 24 X 7 environment.
- Application administrator experience in Oracle EBS 12.X (Financials, HR, Order Management, Supply Chain) needed and other applications mentioned above is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading successful high availability environments using full Disaster recovery supported procedures.
- Exposure to Fusion middleware, EDI knowledge desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Data migration, supporting Warehouse design, architecture and implementation experience.
- Data modeling experience.
- Strong ETL, PL / SQL, other standard DBA tool expertise.
- Strong Oracle CRM and ERP experience.
- Thorough understanding of Data base, Data Quality, Governance experience.
- Strong Project management and people management experience.
Desirable Job Competencies:
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to share knowledge.
- Willingness to perform any requested task with minimal management oversight.
- Communication skills with all levels, and ability to talk with non-technical community members in terms that are not confusing.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.