The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the administration of the Firm’s network, wireless and security infrastructure. This Senior Network Engineer will work as a member of a highly technical engineering team in the design, implementation, and operation of the enterprise-wide network infrastructure. The Network Engineer will report to the Network Infrastructure Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define, document, and enforce established network and security policy standards.
• Work with vendors on network design upgrades, investigate new technologies and be involved with Information Security and Disaster recovery testing.
• Respond to HelpDesk ticket requests requiring technical support on issues such as network connectivity and related local area network issues.
• Establish a sound and stable networking environment by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades.
• Create and add content to a knowledgebase by documenting issues and the causes and fixes for those issues.
• Work in conjunction with other IT departments to securely plan, deploy, design and troubleshoot issues and implement new functions.
• Provide networking and security architectural and engineering support across local, regional and global areas.
• Evaluate new technologies as appropriate and required to help build, maintain, improve and document as our environment grows.
• Manage communication and coordination of resources during outage situations. Guide engineers from different groups to work together to resolve outages and restore business functionality as quickly as possible.
• Work on customer escalations and issues in a timely manner.
• Rotational on-call responsibilities and some after-hours work required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in a Network Engineer role.
• CCNP or above with comparable working knowledge competency.
• Excellent working knowledge of network protocols and concepts such as Spanning Tree, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, VOIP, QOS, TCP/IP, 802.1q, 802.1x, MPLS, DNS, Syslog, TACACS, SD-WAN, OSPF.
• Ability to work with network security devices such as Cisco IDS/IPS devices, Firepower, Palo Alto, ASA, and ACS with an understanding of how to baseline and set alerting features of IDS signatures and work with Palo Alto security policies.
• Demonstrated ability on WAN infrastructure consisting of a mixture of MPLS, Point to Point, Internet and DMVPN technologies utilizing SD-WAN appliances.
• Experience with network access control technologies such as 802.1x and Aruba ClearPass NAC appliances.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment to ensure performance, reliability and security in a dynamic 24/7 production network environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of remote access VPNs (IPSEC, AnyConnect, DMVPN).
• Proficiency with monitoring and logging tools for access management and troubleshooting using tools such as Syslog, ACS, NetFlow (Plixer Scrutinizer), SolarWinds and protocol analyzers.
• Prior experience using industry established project management techniques in accomplishing strategic objectives.
• Experience with VoIP technologies preferred.
• Experience with SeviceNow functionalities such as change control, CMDB, ticket system.
• Cloud experience a plus.