19477 – Logistics Specialist
|Location||Middlesex County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$68K +1-% Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19477|
This position is part of the Operations Team, reporting to the NA Logistics Manager. This position is responsible for carrier and transportation planning related issue resolution, container shipment status updates and support for developing and reporting all operational metrics. This position primarily supports the NA Import/Export Operation and the NA Logistics team as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Work with customs broker, freight forwarder, and steamship lines to ensure smooth movement of products from the manufacturing site through customs or other governmental agency examinations to delivery point utilizing internal tracking systems and resources, as well as external steamship line websites.
Manage the processes associated with the inbound container routings to ensure compliance with carrier and customer commitments.
- Auditing & approval of entry documents
- Develop tools to improve the tracking of inbound containers.
- Provide support tracking containers, as needed.
- Manage direct-to-customer containers and provide feedback as required
- Monitor any potential delays (FDA or Custom Holds) and work with the respective team to intercede & take action /resolve as required.
Lead the day-to-day operation with respect to:
- Act on all Import/Export requests from Customer Service, Supply, Finance, Sales and Inter-Regional exports.
- Act on operational exceptions. Escalate exceptions as needed.
- Ensure all Air Freight requests are noted and clearly handled in a timely manner
- Perform training on Air Freight Authorization program to colleagues in Supply and Customer Service
- Train and work with the Specialist to resolve delivery related issues as needed
- Oversee 3PL service providers to ensure all requirements are met as outlined in company’s agreements.
- Monitor weekly inbound shipments of direct-to-customer containers and provide weekly in-transit reports to customers.
- Provide updates to the customer regarding any FDA or customs hold at destination.
- Provide in-transit reports to sales and finance for direct-to-customer shipments, when requested.
- Coordinate and implement processes associated with the inbound planning & routings to ensure compliance with carrier and customer commitments.
- Develop and implement import/export SOPs across multiple functions, while training existing team members on current processes
- Work with the existing platform to prioritize shipments that meet the OTIF Goals
Audit & Payment Duties
- Assist with any inquiries regarding the drayage audit and freight payment process:
- Ensure all freight auditing inquiries are handled in a timely manner
- Support all internal audit and project initiatives related to the Freight Payment Process
- Ensure commercial packet documentation is updated in each respective system and containers are released to the warehouses in a timely manner.
- Manage the audit process and ensure approved invoices are in compliance with established rates and provided to accounting in a timely manner.
- Establish a spot audit process to ensure invoice accuracy and compliance with internal audit guidelines.
Carrier Performance KPI’s
- Identify and resolve delivery related issues through timely communication with customers, carriers and CS team.
- Track and document all service-related failures by carrier
- Provide Monthly KPI to appropriate teams
- Implement SOP’s and Corrective Action Tools as needed
Transit Time Metrics & Updates
- Analyze the end-to-end transit times for the NA inbound lanes quarterly
- Determine the necessary adjustments and review with the Supply Team
- Update the TT in Oracle quarterly
- Monthly Transit Time Reports
- Carrier Performance Metrics
- ACS Performance & Tracking Metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of Logistics experience (co-op/internship considered)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work across functions and interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the development of KPI’s, Benchmarking tools and Process Flow
- Experience working with ERP Systems (Preferably Oracle and Infor Nexus)
- Experience in Negotiating Multi-Mode Carrier Contracts
- Up to 5% travel annually