As a Senior Cloud Architect, you'll initiate and manage our company’s cloud architecture and play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Architecting, building, and maintaining cost-efficient, scalable cloud environments for the organization by creating well-informed cloud strategy.
• Understanding business objectives of the company and creating cloud-based solutions to facilitate those objectives.
• Keeping cloud environments secure and preventing downtime or security breaches.
• Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy and HIPAA compliance.
• Write and develop cloud automation playbooks for managing and scaling containers, hosts, cloud services, and applications using tools like Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation.
• Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
• Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
• Collaborate with and influences solution architects, engineers & delivery teams to adopt enterprise cloud architecture specifications in solutions.
• Keeping up to date on best practices in cloud computing and making improvements to the cloud infrastructure of the organization.
• 5+ years of proven work experience in designing, executing, and supporting Enterprise IT cloud solutions using AWS services like S3, EMR, VPC, EC2, EBS, RDS, Glue, Lambda, Lake formation etc.
• Deep understanding of networking and network security (NATs, Security Groups, Route Tables, VPNs, IPSec, DNS, TCP/IP).
• Practitioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD pipeline practices: Python, PowerShell, or Shell Scripting, YAML etc.
• Knowledge of IaC: Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation/Azure ARM templates.
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
• Experience with large scale, complex enterprise integration systems in a high availability, high volume, performance environment
• Exposure to cloud managed services and microservices like Function as a Service, Containers, and managed databases like RDBMS, NoSQL Columnar, Document, distributed databases, Cloud Databases.
• Experience with setting up load balancers, cloud networks and virtual machines.
• Advanced people leadership skills, including developing talent and train the team members.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams in delivery of new products or services.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team or independently.
• Working with high complaint, regulated systems dealing with PHI data in healthcare domain and/or HIPAA compliance systems.
• Have either Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-305) or AWS Certified Solutions Architect certifications.