• Project/ Business Initiative Leadership:
• Collaborate with cross functional teams like analytics CoE, commercial operations, marketing etc. on business requirements for new projects, enhancements, and strategic initiatives.
• Builds relationships with stakeholders.
• Directs projects or sub teams as needed to execute objectives.
• Proactively identifies and resolves issues.
• Business analysis & Project Management
• Facilitates the communication and translation of business user requirements and solutions between the customer community (internal and external customers) and internal IT.
• Diagnoses problems and understands business needs.
• Bridge the gap between BAs/Stakeholders and Technical team.
• Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
• Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
• Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders
• Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
Service / Solution Delivery
• Accountable for overall quality and delivery of data and reporting services, including technical support services for commercial analytics and reporting platform.
• Lead data ingestion, data transformations, data quality, data governance, advanced analytics, and data visualization to implement business requirements.
• Direct the development, deployment and support of data assets and commercial analytics systems, including applications, integrations, and infrastructure upgrades in conjunction with business process owners and infrastructure teams.
• Identify and implement new technology, data sources, and processes to accelerate continuous improvement and evolution to a data-driven culture.
• Ensure managed service partners are meeting established SLAs.
• Responsible for ensuring data and reporting solutions are developed following best practices and display accurate information based on business.
• Lead data architecture and modeling discussions to build analytics solution with best practices.
• Lead a team of engineers, guiding them in analytics solution development, troubleshooting technical challenges, and translating user stories into functional code.
• Ensure that code produced by team members meets high standards in terms of quality, documentation, to standards, efficiency, and maintainability.
• Ensure that data curation and commercial analytics application architecture decisions are consistent across the full commercial domain.
• Minimum of 12 years’ related work experience
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience with modern business intelligence platforms with Tableau preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for a pharmaceutical company preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with AWS or other cloud related data warehouse technologies preferred.
• Knowledge of pharma commercial datasets like IQVIA, Veeva etc.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration preferred.
• Experience leading and managing teams.
• Strong business analysis skill and experience, including development of business/IT vision and strategy, requirements definition, process modeling, and operating model design.
• Strong problem-solving ability through insightful solutions which address complex issues. Ability to dissect root cause of issues creating the best solution for company considering quality, cost, and speed requirements.
• Experience in managing and delivering projects in collaboration with external partners (managed service organizations, technology vendors, and consulting companies).
• Experience utilizing Agile project management methodology.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong customer focus are necessary
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, including taking ownership to ensure timely resolution, a strong sense of urgency, keen attention to detail, and the ability to plan, organize and successfully execute in an environment under time and resource pressures.
• Strong track record of effective cross-functional team collaboration and execution.
• Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity.
• Position based in Nutley, NJ with a minimum of two days on-site per week required.