This role serves as the Data Platform Governance Lead to build an automated, scalable approach for data quality issue identification and remediation for the Scientific Data Aggregation platform.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Collaborating with business partners and systems team to understand customer needs and contribute to the Clinical Data platform roadmap based upon priorities decided by the Scientific Data Lake Steering Committee
• Ensure that data-centric activities are aligned with the Governance Team and leverage applicable data standards, quality, governance processes, and overall standard methodologies.
• Ensure that technology capabilities chosen by the Scientific Data Aggregation Steering Committee and Governance Team are implemented for GCP and non-GCP environments.
• We expect collaboration with different teams to develop Scientific data business requirements, data refinement business rules, acceptance criteria, testing approach, training, and change management plans for data management or data analytic solutions.
• Perform the usual authority of a Data Platform Governance Lead by establishing data governance frameworks and aligning broader partner community with their data governance needs, including data ingestion, quality, data access controls, compliance with privacy and security regulations, foundational master data management, data sharing and communication.
• Partner with Global Development Solutions, Data Analytics & Science Group, Global Development business functions, and enterprise functions (e.g., IT, Privacy etc.) to define the specifications shaping the development and implementation of Scientific data foundations across Global Development and advance overall data governance and quality initiatives.
• Maintain documentation and act as an authority on data definitions, data standards, data flows, legacy data structures / hierarchies, common data models, data harmonization etc. for Clinical domains.
This Role May Be For You If
• We need you to show In-depth knowledge of data management, common data models, data harmonization etc. and application of data governance principles to data management activities.
• Use your proven consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
• We need you to share your knowledge and experience with Big data technologies and AWS Cloud environments.
• Strong experience in SQL and various Big data and AWS services such as Hive, S3, Athena, RedShift
• Solid understanding of tools for collecting and handling scientific and clinical data such as EDC, non-CRF and Real-World Evidence data…etc.
To be considered:
• BS/BA Degree with 10+ years (MS degree with 8+ years) of relevant experience in the following subject areas: data usage, process analysis, process improvement, technology development/support with proven understanding of data governance, standards, and practices in handling large datasets from numerous sources).
• Show solid understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies and CFR Part 11 compliance.
• Strong preference for candidates with experience in OwlDQ (Collibra DQ), and Alation
Location: can be Remote the Preference is Hybrid / Basking Ridge or Tarrytown