A key challenge for today’s drug discovery scientists is the ability to access the most current and relevant data efficiently from internal and external data sources, ideally in a consolidated and cohesive project data view. Are you passionate about helping scientists improve their data utilization with a self-service data access and integrated analysis solution? Then we want you to join our US team of Scientific Informatics Consultants!
A successful consultant will get involved in early discussions with our customers to understand their scientific business objectives and technical requirements, and to explain how company’s D360 solutions can best fit their needs. This consultant will support the implementations of company enterprise solutions at client sites and engage in activities such as workshops and training events to ensure client satisfaction and streamlined data-driven research.
This is a highly customer facing position and requires a unique mix of scientific, technical, business process, presentation, and communication skills both pre and post sales. Occasional travel to customer sites is required. This position is based in North America and can be remote or at any of our North American offices.
Key activities for Scientific Informatics Consultants:
• Serves as the subject matter expert for scientific data retrieval and analysis workflows in the early phases of the drug discovery (both chemical and biological modalities) with the ability to engage in business consulting activities.
• Leads and supports implementations of company enterprise solutions along with other consultants, which may involve activities such as installation, upgrades, system configuration, data integration, delivering training courses and post-delivery support.
• Actively supports sales team as an expert on the technical, functional and integration aspects of company D360 enterprise solutions throughout the sales cycle, e.g., with onsite software demonstrations and by contributing to responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs).
• Other activities for Scientific Informatics Consultants
• Serves as a point-of-contact for clients’ technical and functional questions/issues.
• Develops and maintains relationships with clients, partners and internal groups with the common goal of increase market share for company enterprise solutions.
• Identifies product enhancements based on client interactions and works with the Product Management and Software Engineering groups to design solutions for client requirements.
• Domain knowledge of drug discovery workflows in small molecule therapeutics, biologics therapeutics or biology areas, as well as a strong informatics and project delivery background
• Understanding of scientific data analysis and visualization applications and the fundamentals of software for drug discovery
• Minimum of 3 years practical experience in a client facing role either within the pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery industry (as part of IT group supporting R&D) or with a scientific informatics software solutions provider.
• Knowledge of databases and common tools in the industry for capturing and managing scientific/research data, including biological assay results, chemical registration/inventory systems, preclinical/clinical data management.
• Strong business acumen, with ability to assess and articulate customer value creation
• Capable of delivering product demonstrations of company software solutions to customers and prospects
• Self-starter that can work across multiple projects both independently and as part of a distributed team.
Desired areas of technical expertise:
• Experienced with relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
• Strong knowledge of SQL, data models and data extraction routines from RDBMS
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems in terms of software deployment
• Experience with web services API integration
• Understanding of relevant data capture and transfer standards, such as CDISC SEND and SDTM.