The Software Engineering Manager will have end-to-end accountabilities in IT Operations across the application portfolio. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent partnership with stakeholders and partner teams, solid technical acumen, experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision to ensure the systems are stable, performant, and secure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as the go-to technical leader for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth of knowledge in technologies, applications, integration, interfaces, and business domain.
- Serve as key liaison between the architecture and technical delivery teams to influence the technical strategy for the organization, keeping in mind its cross functional impacts, integration across the organization, and architecture rationalization.
- Collaboration with teams to identify opportunities for integration across tools used in the life cycle, including agile, test automation, platform configuration management, and drive efficiencies.
- Ability to provide concise, transparent communications about potential risks, mitigations, and business impacts in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand technology trade off risks and rewards for the best customer value delivery.
- Challenges teams for continuous improvement ideas and supports the team for implementation.
- Takes ownership to drive innovation for effectively leveraging technology to solve the customer problem.
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same, enforcing development guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure adherence to code review process, high quality deliverables, and improving code quality from team.
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and are consistent with the architectural vision.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table
- Positive attitude and ability to inspire the team toward continuous improvement
- Use, protect and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- 7+ years of experience in application software solution development along with managing software engineering teams.
- Grooming team-members for growth; having 1:1’s iteratively for continuous improvement.
- Strategic planning, process analysis and execution skills for introducing evolving architecture-based solutions like Cloud, SaaS, and new UI frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience developing in C#, ASP.NET, MVC 4.5 or above, .net Core Framework, Visual Studio 2019+, SQL Server 2019+.
- Passion to stay current with relevant technology trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal technology communities.
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies, preferred tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Rally, SonarQube etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams using agile or scrum methodology.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practice
- Exposure to Project Management tool, Defect Tracking tool, Class diagraming tools
- Exposure of working in Agile Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Drive that is result-oriented, are self-motivated, and proactive beyond your duty
- A knack for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and work in a collaborative environment, creative, highly analytical, and strategic thinker.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills.
- Healthcare IT experience is preferred.
Remote: You will be joining a distributed, fully remote team. Experience working remotely is a plus.