Reporting to the Vice President Supply Chain Management, the Supply Chain Analyst provides analytical support for all Supply Chain functions to enable better business decisions. Develops and maintains a system of ongoing reports (dashboards), to monitor key metrics in Purchasing and Inventory Management (including stock levels, stock depletion rates, stock and currency demand, overstock levels and indicated actions, stock balancing by warehouse, inventory value versus targets), Operations (including performance measurements, productivity, materials and facilities cost control), Logistics and other key measures. Communicates and distributes dashboards and ad hoc status to key stakeholders within AUI. Communicates with the supplier community as appropriate. Supports Finance and Senior management for ad hoc projects as required.
- Assists VP Supply Chain with data analysis and reporting on inbound and outbound supply chain elements.
- Provides Purchasing Team with analysis to support best demand planning and sound inventory management. Monitors stock levels versus targets and order lead times.
- Works with Sales Operations on action plans to address overstock and availability issues.
- Communicates status of new items and provides visibility to ensure flawless launches of new items.
- Works with Marketing and Sales Operations as needed to provide information on item timing (ETA’s), overstock status, forecast versus usage metrics and similar.
- Maintains vendor cost logs, updates GP database with new cost after approval, and compiles high-level reports documenting impact of cost changes.
- Provides month-end reports to Finance Department for Purchasing department related reconciliations such as In-Transits, inventory transactions, 3PL-inventory reconciliations etc.
- Assists in special projects as appropriate, including data gathering to review options for new warehouses, or tests of different logistics and distribution models. Completes financial review of costs associated with new distributions models and impact on margin.
- Assists VP Supply Chain and works in conjunction with Logistics Specialist in defining and maintaining landed cost calculations. Submits analysis of achieved landed cost vs. assumptions.
- Develops and maintains the dashboard to manage all key aspects of operations and logistics and disseminates the information as appropriate. Provides reports for all benchmarked productivity measures and operating costs. Provides reports for all strategic vendor (material and service providers) meetings.
- Assist VP Supply Chain in maintaining agreements, permits, licenses and registrations and reminds key stakeholders to initiate renewals where needed.
- Other activities or initiatives at the direction of the VP Supply Chain.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) plus at least 3-5 years of work experience in related field.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, teamwork and time-management.
- Ability to deliver high-level analysis under pressure.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Power BI and Tableau knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains (GP) a plus.