Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Special-Order Specialist is responsible for the procurement of Special order and customized products. They will be responsible for maintaining log of open orders, executing PO’s and import paperwork in a timely fashion, and coordinating and communicating with the Sales team, Sales Operations, and Purchasing teams. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects in a busy environment accurately, efficiently, and with a high level of attention to detail. They must be able to balance and satisfy competing deadlines while maintaining professionalism under pressure and in sensitive and difficult situations.
- Receives and responds to questions and requests from the Sales team to support specific customer requirements regarding Special Order Items and deliveries.
- Monitors Special Orders from Sales Team.
- Maintaining Logs and Records for all orders.
- Evaluate the process for improvements, create improvement plans, and work with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements.
- Communicates effectively with the Sales team to ensure expectations are met.
- Identifies Stock Overages and Shortages and works to craft a solution for the benefit of both the customer and AUI.
- Issues and enters purchase orders into the system for Special Order, Customized and Personalized orders
- Follows up with suppliers and vendors on the delivery date to insure on-time deliveries.
- Reviews all order confirmations for accuracy and compliance with agreed terms & conditions, quantities, prices etc.
- Audits warehouse scans against Purchase Order and Vendor invoices or confirmation, posts receiving, and submits PO/invoice pouches for approval according to company guidelines.
- Communicates and corrects variances with Receiving Teams.
- Communicates discrepancies with vendors and requests credit notes.
- Files product claims with vendors in cooperation with QA department.
- Approves and submits product invoices for accounting.
- Assures all discounts are received in accordance with Vendor agreements.
- Issues purchase orders and submits to suppliers.
- Communicates shipping requirements and notifies transportation partners.
- Seeks approval for any deviation from existing routing instructions.
- Coordinate inbound logistics in cooperation with VP Supply Chain / Logistics Analyst.
- Keeps arrival dates up-to-date and acts on shipment delays. Enters updated arrival and availability dates in IT system and communicates such dates within the organization.
- Manages response to damage.
- Sets up new Vendor / new Items according to I.T. Format.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related majors.
- Minimum of 3 years of Sales, Customer Service, or Procurement experience with at least 1 year of Procurement experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Keeps a good working knowledge of GP and CRM.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with, assist and support the rest of the team.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize various projects and priorities.
- Project Management software knowledge a plus.