The Engineering Manager is responsible for and measured by the overall productivity of one or more Agile Teams within a value stream. This includes agile team formation and dissolution, team output measured in capabilities across releases, removing blockers for teams across IT/business organizations, and owning delivery of larger releases that span multiple agile product teams. This is a crucial role to ensure the digital transformation within company is successful.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct agile team kick-offs, setting expectations with team members based on best practices established for company
- Serve as internal agile expert/coach for teams by support product members and product managers as they transition to agile model
- Support capability leads and product managers around delivery of new capabilities – to better understand feasibility, agile team involvement, high level sizing, and delivery timing.
- Collaborate with product managers on larger initiatives requiring multiple teams to complete various the work
- Facilitate and/or participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning with Capability leads, Product Managers, and stakeholders
- Work with Head of Engineering, Capability lead(s), and Product Manager(s) to determine skillsets needed
- Work with third-party vendors to onboard resources and ensure capacity to support project teams
- Ensure agile teams have proper staffing and skill sets to support product backlog
- Remove blockers related to team on boarding and ramp-up / ramp down / transition teams / members when needed
- Responsible for the L3 support and own the resolution of issues for the products associated with
- Focus on tech health of products and work with Architects to evolve the maturity of technology & platforms
- Be the focal point of contact for Service Management organization focused on – Change, Incident, Platform support to ensure the availability and stability of products
What we’re looking for/skills you should bring to the table:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing engineers (mentoring staff/ principal engineers, setting technical direction, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in cloud-based web, mobile, and backend full stack development.
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building mobile applications plus backend APIs
- Experience in handling 3 or 4 teams, experience with staff augmentation through contingent workers
- Proven track record of getting teams to deliver successfully within ambitious timelines.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires excellent analytical ability and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel expertise
- Proficiency in Full Stack Development technologies – Web, Mobile development and Micro Services etc.