The Analytics Analyst, Business Partner is an emerging role in Analytics team, and will play a pivotal role in providing business partnership support to stakeholders within the Direct to Consumer (DTC) business teams, helping to deliver additional analytical capabilities that answer critical business questions and providing analytics support on a day-to-day basis.
Purpose & Scope: Based in the New York metro area the Analytics Analyst, Business Partner DTC will work closely with the DTC business teams and IT partners to support existing analytic capabilities, troubleshoot data and analytics issues, assist with delivery of enhancements and new capabilities and drive adoption of analytic tools. This role supports the Manager, Analytics Business Partner in delivering analytics value to DTC stakeholders and ensuring consistency and fidelity of analytics tools.
This role requires creative and collaborative working with the DTC business teams helping them to use analytics to unlock insights and achieve their business goals. It also involves evangelizing effective and consistent reporting practices and promoting better understanding of data and analytics among the DTC business teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strong partnerships with key business partners: Function as a liaison between key power users in DTC business teams and the Analytics team to assist in documenting business use cases, identifying reporting gaps and enhancement opportunities. Generate recommendations and solutions by being curious, collaborative and innovative.
- Encourage Data Confidence: Partner with business stakeholders and IT partners to ensure thorough and timely response to reporting questions, concerns and suggestions.
- Create visualizations and tell great stories with data: Communicate insights in a way that invites understanding and compels action across multiple levels of the organization. Identify and execute opportunities for enhancements with our current reporting suite.
- Drive Analytics initiatives through the development lifecycle and ensure successful embedding of new solutions in the business process. Partner with business teams to define and document business requirements, decompose initiatives into workable increments, complete functional testing and facilitate timely user acceptance testing. Ensure solutions meet the business definition of ‘done’ and achieve expected level of usage.
- Educate and train: Be curious and knowledgeable about reporting initiatives and tools and how to leverage them. This includes working with business stakeholders to improve data and reporting business processes.
- Become a data and analytics evangelist: This role will promote the available data and analytics capabilities and expertise to business unit stakeholders and educate them in leveraging these capabilities in achieving their business goals.
Education and Experience
- Progressively responsible work experience with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, marketing, business, mathematics or related field.
- At least 2 years or more of work experience in retail, ecommerce or related field with analytical or business intelligence experience preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in Retail in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental analytics initiative
- Retail/Ecommerce Industry knowledge or previous experience working in the business is preferred
- Experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI and others for semantic-layer-based data discovery
- Experience using tools like Excel or Alteryx to complete data analysis
- Experience working with JIRA or other issue and project tracking software is a plus
- Experience with SQL, Dataiku and/or Python a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology a plus
Interpersonal Skills and Characteristics
- Experience supporting and working across both technical and non-technical stakeholders to support reporting tool enhancements and issue resolution
- Required to be highly creative and collaborative. An ideal candidate would be expected to collaborate with both the business and IT teams to identify gaps, opportunities, and lead
- Required to have the accessibility and ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and roles within the company
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity
- Has intellectual curiosity for what drives the business
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Ability to influence stakeholders in written and oral communication
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Able to gather, manipulate, and interpret data at a low level of detail and synthesize into actionable business recommendations for leadership team