This is role is remote, with one required visit to home office in Jersey City per quarter.
When we say cutting edge, we mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but…with the fun included.
You will have access to development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, and lunch and learn sessions. You will be part of a great working atmosphere, performing complex work in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact.
What You Will Do
• Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the life cycle of our product
• Turn flat UI/UX designs and style guides into functional user interfaces
• Extremely build performance components, while being mindful of cross browser compatibility and performance issues for both desktop and mobile platforms
• Optimization is a challenge you’ll gladly accept
• Understand design patterns and write reusable, modular code
• Be excited about new web technologies/techniques
• Participate in peer code reviews, we encourage frequent and open feedback
• Have a say by contributing to architectural discussions
• Participate in Daily stand-up, sprint planning, paired programming, unit testing, and retrospectives
• You will improve the team, company, and culture
What You Will Need
• Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles, patterns, and best practices
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering principles
• Familiarity with modern software engineering practices and continuous integration and delivery
• Comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several key stakeholder groups
• Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
• Enthusiasm for constant learning and strengthening of your craft
• You are detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
• 4+ years of applicable industry experience