The Solutions Architect drives the development of end-to-end digital solutions where Duck Creek is the primary of several core systems. This individual is a real technologist with a strong desire to see their solutions realized. As a part of an Agile team, they will facilitate decisions that align both with the evolving needs of the business, our 5-year roadmap and our reference architecture. With a deep understanding of policy administration, cloud computing, logical and physical system design, they will work with the delivery team to fully exploit our technology.
With a strong grounding in Duck Creek, the Solutions Architect helps to document initial product visions, works with the team and with other architects to design technical solutions, socializes the solution to drive broad alignment, and provides guidance to the team to ensure realization of goals.
Responsibilities of the Solution Architect include:
• End-to-end, cross functional system design
• Contributes to the evolving reference architecture
• Contributes to the 5-year technology roadmap
• Works with other team members to design solutions that support product features
• Executes Proofs of Concepts to test architectural elements of the project
What you will do
• Establishes and applies standard design/integration patterns including in new/complex situations
• Work with Duck Creek teams and other teams to research, define and execute system design for projects
• Operates with no required supervision in a complex environment and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Mentors and lead other members of the team
• Frequently interacts with peers, equivalent level leaders and senior leaders on cross-functional matters.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required
You will collaborate with
• The Solution Architect works very closely with System Owners, Architects, the Agile Teams and Stakeholders to provide architectural direction of a project.
An insight into the team:
• As a part of Commercial Lines Digital Strategy and Delivery, this team works as a highly effective, fast paced delivery team who has been recognized by its business partners as exceptional.
What you will bring
• Knowledge gained through broad or deep experience
• Knowledge of a specific discipline(s).
• Deep understanding of underwriting, policy administration and portals
• In-depth knowledge of current and developing technology trends, substantial knowledge of the functional area and the Duck Creek systems and activities
• Broad expertise or unique knowledge uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Technical Expert in:
• Configuration and extension of Duck Creek Policy
• Development of Manuscript based configuration using EXAMPLE Author
• Senior Level Knowledge in Microsoft .NET (C#), Modern Database (SQL/NOSQL) design, Automated Testing (e.g., NUnit) and Automated DevOps Pipelines
• Writing skills
• Distributed Source Code Management
• Defining Development Standards & Best Practices
• Analytical thinking to breakdown and work through situations or problems
• Ability to apply Root Cause Analysis to resolve issues
• Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Partners
• Ability to manage time to effectively meet deadlines
• Ability to operate independently with minimal guidance
• Solid understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 8+ years of equivalent experience related to Commercial P&C Insurance.
• A passion for technology in the insurance industry.
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and strategic thinker.
• The ability to be creative and “think outside of the box”
What would differentiate you even more
• Experience in defining technical solutions using cloud-based solutions (e.g., AWS, Azure)
• Hands-on experience and/or deep knowledge of digital transformation technical domains (e.g., micro services, container, cloud native development, API Management)
• Experience with common system integration and services framework such as SOA
Location: Morris County, NJ or Remote