The Lead Developer for Duck Creek Policy is one of the senior members of the development team responsible for translating business requirements into pragmatic and functional application/technology solutions. This role is responsible for hands on development and day to day driving of the other developers toward quality delivery. The lead developer should be a subject matter expert in one or more elements of the application they support including XML/XSLT/XPATH and expertise in Duck Creek Policy Author® Manuscripts configuration, XSLT transforms, Duck Creek API’s, SQL Database queries and procedures. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to develop solutions and mentor a technical delivery team.
This individual will work with the System Owner to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement and act as a technical mentor and adviser. As a part of an Agile team, they will assist in decision making that align both with the evolving needs of the business, our 5-year roadmap, and our reference architecture.
What you will do
• Responsible for the development efforts for policy administration. Provide application development support for Duck Creek. Maintain and update documentation and artifacts for all supported systems.
• Provide application support and drive resolution of reported problems to customer satisfaction.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the PC insurance with very good understanding of underwriting, rating, insurance rules, forms, and preferably claims, billing.
• Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources.
• Acts as the lead developer for the team – defining best practices, defining standards, ensuring adherence to these, performing code reviews, participating in hands on coding, unit testing and debugging as required.
• Drives and conducts POCs as required.
• Partners with the delivery lead and delivery coordinator in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution. Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
• Responsible for assuring solutions adhere and further the Enterprise Architectural standards and principles. Acts as a champion for reuse of assets in solution creation.
• Support implementation of solutions by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, develop implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensure their execution to deliver successful installation of systems hardware/software.
• Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level.
• Maintain system designs – application, technical, physical topologies.
• Develop and support code management practices and processes
• Analyze and tune application performance, supportability, and manageability.
• Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
• Establish and apply standard design/integration patterns including new/complex solutions
• Work with team members to research, define and execute system design for projects
• Mentors and lead other members of the development team
• Frequently interact with peers, equivalent level leaders and senior leaders on cross-functional matters
• Performs other related duties and activities as required
You will collaborate with
The Lead Developer works very closely with the System Owner, Developers, Business Analysts and QA within the Digital Product team, in addition to architects and other stakeholders to provide development direction and support of the Digital Product products.
An insight into the team
As a part of Commercial Lines Digital Strategy and Delivery, this team works as a highly effective, fast-paced delivery team and is recognized by its business partners as exceptional
What you will bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
• 3+ years’ experience developing in industry standard programming languages (preferably .Net Core)
• 3+ years’ experience with database systems, SQL language and database design.
• Expert level knowledge of:
• Duck Creek Policy Administration product development and support
• Developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions
• Experience with transactional portals / ecommerce
• Senior level knowledge of:
• Microservices and design patterns
• Working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
• Working in a hybrid agile mode with knowledge of Kanban, Lean and Test-Driven environments
• Developing technical documentation including storyboarding, UML, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, information flows, use cases and presentations
• Dedicated and detail oriented
• Dedicated and conscientious team player
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
• Analytical skills
• Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment
What would differentiate you even more
• Experience with common system integration and services framework such as SOA
• Designing conversational API’s
Location: (Morris County, NJ or Remote)