ABOUT THE ROLE
This position reports to the IT Manager and serves as the level-3 escalation point and engineering role in the IT team. The Systems Engineer has a deep understanding of technology platforms like windows, active directory, email, SSO, access control, network, VPN etc., and user progression through systems in the workflows. The role creates technology plans and implements changes and upgrades to the IT systems. This position will also identify root-causes to problems and create runbooks for the team with the goal to optimize the existing procedures. The engineer works collaboratively with application support teams to ensure availability and integrity of IT services.
As a response to the pandemic, office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Tuesday through Thursday, with the option to telework on Monday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
• Configure, administer, and maintain Virtualization environments in VMWare and Azure
• Monitor and administer both on-premises and cloud-based services and systems
• Administer backend office systems, including but not limited to Domain Names, DHCP, file servers, database servers, SharePoint servers, etc.
• Ensure monitoring and uptime of all supported services consumed by the business and Application teams
• Administer backups for IT services, databases, and applications and participate in disaster recovery tests
• Conduct routine patching and upkeep of IT systems
• Follow ITIL methodology for incident, problem, and change management
• Support and guide the ServiceDesk in resolving problems to minimize impact to business users
• Basic administration of network devices, firewalls, and network utility systems
• Monitor and support security processes including vulnerability mitigation, and responding to reported cyber threats
• Manage the technology vendor relationships and service levels
• Automate and improve existing processes and systems through scripting, automation, and toolsets
• Work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver on-time results
• Create and maintain technical support documents
• Mentor and support Level-1 and Level-2 team members
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 3+ years as a Jr. Systems Engineer or 1+ years as a systems administrator
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related area from an accredited college, university, or equivalent experience with design and deployment of technology platforms
• Must have operational knowledge of Windows servers, workstations, Active Directory administration and configuration, managing Office 365 hosted services including email, conferencing, SharePoint and OneDrive
• Experience in the implementation, and maintenance of Windows Server Roles such as Active Directory, Azure AD, MFA services
• Working Knowledge of network technologies including DNS, DHCP, NPS, Wi-Fi, anti-phishing, PKI Services, etc.
• Experience of storage appliances, backups, and disaster recovery setup and testing
• Understanding of cloud architecture in either Azure or AWS environment
• Experience with administration of VoIP services, WebEx calling, MS Teams, or similar services
• Working knowledge of network devices and setups with VLANs, switches, firewalls, VPNs, etc.
• Ability to administer Cisco switches and basic firewalls as well as a good understating of Cisco IOS, VLANs, routing, etc. is a plus
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication skills, along with excellent presentation skills