Reporting to the Marketing Director for HGBU Americas, the NA Senior Marketing Manager for Acute Healthcare Markets leads the overall North America Medical Acute Care market strategic plan and implementation, driving high-impact marketing efforts to increase share, sales and profitability. Along with acute care strategic marketing responsibilities, this role is responsible for regional product portfolio management (PPM) of the surgical glove portfolio in the US.
Having a deep understanding of customer needs, the competitive environment, and key business/market trends, he/she acts as the regional expert for US acute markets. He/she is responsible for partnering with leadership and key internal stakeholders, to explore, design and implement strategic marketing initiatives that elevate company’s market position and relevance, increasing customer consideration and conversion. This role acts as an ambassador, thought leader and project manager to guide priority marketing objectives, ensuring alignment across the organization with rigorous measurement and analysis.
A high degree of collaboration is critical across internal and external functional groups including Supply, Business Services, Sales, GBU PPM and Marketing, Distributors and End User Communities. Also, as being responsible for the largest market in the Americas region, shares expertise, knowledge and lead shared projects with other markets in Americas region such as Canada and LAC. Responsible for managing and developing direct reports in support of PPM and Content needs.
Responsibilities & Specific Accountabilities
• Strategize, develop and implement the go-to-market and marketing strategies in coordination with GBU (Global Business Unit) priorities. Combine internal strategies into one voice for customers in North America. Drive US market share growth and increase share of wallet for all solutions in the Acute Care Vertical.
• Develop a Master Customer Segmentation Strategy designed to execute a curated Customer Engagement Marketing Strategy that includes ongoing broadscale and/or targeted communications to keep company top of mind. He/she will partner across the commercial organization to unleash the power of the CRM platform to enhance targeting; including but not limited to an ABM approach. Responsible for implementing marketing campaigns for acquisition as well as retention strategies, aligned to the buyer journey. Lead execution from ideation to point of arrival, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
• Act as commercial leader and expert contact for the sales organization.
Support sales efforts via sales calls, sales tools creation and program creation and implementation
Responsible for effective product training for both internal and external customers
• Own acute care market share data and customer research. Deliver quarterly reports, or as necessary. Analyze customer insights, competitive positioning and activity, market trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies. Identify and implement new opportunities that leverage new and existing sources of data to improve operating efficiencies and to make more informed decisions.
• Responsible for regional product management of the surgical glove portfolio including, but not limited to:
Portfolio Performance: Profitability and Market Share
Portfolio Optimization: Product Range Opportunities and Market Intel
Launches & Discontinuations: Product and Customer execution management
Competitive Positioning: Market Intel on Trends and Opportunities
Regulatory: Input for Regional requirements
Demand Plan: Provie input for respective markets
• Provide monthly report of top projects and sales with explanations and actions/next steps. Accountable to ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
• Provide support to specific projects as per request of the Senior Marketing Director.
Key Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Economics or Business, MBA preferred
• 5-7 years of relevant marketing experience in the healthcare industry
• Medical device product development and product launch experience, including regulatory requirements understanding
• Experience working within acute healthcare markets and understanding of GPO, IDN and ambulatory surgery center landscape
Knowledge and Skills
• Fluent in English
• PC literate: thorough knowledge of ERP, CRM, Marketing Automation, Project Management and Analytics Tools. In particular, Oracle, Salesforce, Marketo, Power BI, Smartsheet, Qview.
Desirable Job Competencies
• Strategic Thinker, who is performance, driven and results oriented
• Natural collaborator and influencer, believes strongly in teamwork and can lead without authority
• Ability to manage complex projects and hold teams accountable to deadlines
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment; multiple projects; resiliency in a changing environment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Culturally sensitive / International mindset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good numerical and analytical skills
Additional Requirements (travel, etc.)
• Ability to travel: Sales & Marketing meetings, distributor meetings + field visits required (30%).