This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, TN, WA, WV, and Washington D.C. (States subject to change at any time)
Home Office: Jersey City, NJ
Through continuous improvement and data-informed product development, we are adding features so that our customers have the best product experience in the market. Our Product Technology team is comprised of the brightest minds in Tech, and our culture of autonomy and decisiveness gives the team the freedom to deliver without constantly seeking permission to take action. We chart our own path and innovate as we create the next generation of products. We are looking for like-minded superstars that want to work with the best of the best and join the biggest name in sports betting and iGaming as we take over the U.S. market!
What You Will Do:
The DevOps Engineer will manage the production environment by maintaining availability, scalability, disaster recovery, backup systems, system security, and performance. You will be responsible for resolving complex issues that involve being resourceful, employing creative problem-solving techniques, and the ability to identify the root cause of the problems. You will bring expertise in the way of providing architectural guidance for infrastructure and application improvements and introduce the extensive automation of repetitive management tasks and deployments into the production environment.
• Responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation, and support of infrastructure components that host the customer-facing production applications
• Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing customer mobile and web applications
• Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
• Assist in guiding application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications
• Collaborates with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes
• Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments
• Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
• Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability
• Design and architect solutions for existing customer-facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS
• Perform incident and change management on all devices and operating systems
• Perform maintenance as required
• Participate in on-call schedule and patch rotations
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of work experience in an IT environment
• 4+ years of Linux Systems Engineering/Architecture experience
• Proven, expert-level experience working with highly distributed systems, scalability and SaaS applications with a proven ability to speak authoritatively about architectural, design, and implementation details
• Expert experience with configuration management tools like Salt/Chef/Ansible, etc.
• Expert experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis, etc.
• Proven ability to script using languages like Node, Perl, Bash, or Python
• Understanding of systems hardening and secure systems configuration
• Experience with IaaS like AWS or Azure
• Understanding of security concepts such as Firewalls, IPS, IDS, VPN, and MFA
• Ability to thrive as an individual or a small team member on projects
• Extensive experience and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance and propose solutions
• Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities appropriately and independently
• Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work on a 24x7 on-call, weekday and weekend schedule
• You will need to successfully complete a background and drug screen