As a Sr. Material Planning Specialist, you will plan and schedule inbound flow of material in support of customer demands. You will work cross functionally to generate and lead initiatives that will improve fill rates, inventory goals, and serviceability and reduce the length of our supply chain
• Coordinate planning activities and providing guidance to all Material Planners on the team including Asia contributors.
• Fulfill supply chain responsibilities as an active member of a cross-functional team.
• Manage continuity of supply and inventory investments in accordance with mission critical business objectives (e.g., Fill Rates, Inventory).
• Communicate and organize the information for fill rate root cause analysis and preventative maintenance for projected fill for the team.
• Recommend and implement any planning parameter changes to avoid future service levels shortfalls
• Execute material planning, buying, expediting, and optimization initiatives in support of assigned product lines.
• Report root cause analysis weekly on Supply Chain issues resulting in poor Fill Rate performance.
• Partner with Product Management teams to support the rapid introduction of new products.
• Align Product strategies with planning and procurement ensuring that supply plan will satisfy the demand plan.
• Oversee and organize the Excess and Obsolete reporting and review stocking program management/pull replenishment management.
• Recommend potential hedge buy or buy window decisions to close short- term gaps.
• Perform project management duties and preparations required to support retail customer rollouts.
• Ensure availability of supply to meet customer needs.
• Support and develop the supply chain management strategies to optimize supply chain investments, improve supply/demand processes and meet/exceed customer serviceability requirements.
• Support, develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, improve lead times, accelerate speed to market and reduce supply chain risks.
• Assist the Supply Chain Managers in developing organizational competency and strength.
• Stay abreast of advances in the area of supply chain management and advanced planning systems.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with concentration in one or more of the following disciplines: Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Business.
• 2+ years’ experience as a business professional
• Strong written and oral communications skills, including executive presentation skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated competency with cross-functional engagement and collaboration
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision- making skills
• Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications
• ERP/MRP – SAP