A Supply Chain Manager supervises activities of personnel engaged in supply planning, logistics and trade compliance, and procurement of products, equipment, and services to support Company and Supply Chain Organizational objectives by performing the following duties personally, through subordinates, or cross-functional teams.
• Supervise a team of 5-8 supply chain and procurement professionals to manage end-to-end supply chain performance. Oversee supply chain performance and drive improvements in cost, quality, delivery, and responsiveness Partner with Product Management teams to facilitate the rapid introduction of new products and new customer programs that maximize profitability.
• Develop and deploy supply chain management strategies to optimize supply chain investments and customer serviceability.
• Identify and develop sourcing plans for key commodities and/or products using strategic thinking and cross functional collaboration.
• Manage supply planning and procurement business processes in accordance with company policies and practices.
• Lead the development and deployment of a Supplier Relationship Management program to manage all interactions with suppliers and ensure alignment with company and product strategies.
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to optimize spending, improve lead-times, accelerate speed to market, and reduce supply chain risks.
• Build organizational strength and a high-performance team environment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with concentration in one or more of the following disciplines: Business, Management (Supply Chain, Operations), Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial)
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a business professional or military officer
• Experience supervising multi-disciplinary, operational teams
• Strong written and oral communications skills - including executive presentation skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated competency with cross-functional engagement and collaboration
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications
• ERP/MRP - SAP