Our client, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries.
Business Process & Technology department partners cross-functionally throughout the business and with the company’s functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives and create better business outcomes by implementing streamlined processes, building analytical tools, and improving overall system functionality.
As a Business Analyst, you will get exposure to all company business teams and learn the end-to-end mechanics of the business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to partner with functional leaders to understand key issues, then craft and implement solutions that improve productivity, efficiency, and overall success.
This role is perfect for someone who is an aspiring utility player eager to develop a robust core skill set in project management, analytics, and technology. In this role, the BA will have the opportunity learn how a consumer good company works end to end, from procurement to invoicing.
The Business Process & Technology team sits within company’s Operations department and is a key stakeholder in the company’s strategic initiatives.
Hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Tuesday through Thursday, with the option to telework on Monday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at the NY and NJ offices are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
• Collaborate with functional leaders to understand issues impacting productivity for optimal decision making
• Design solutions and outline requirements to implement solutions for companywide processes, reports, systems, and tools
• Identify process or workflow gaps and work with relevant teams to design and implement solutions
• Build analytical tools that draw meaningful conclusions and develop business strategy and best practice recommendations
• Develop, write, and communicate functional specifications and business request documents (BRDs) for the implementation of process and technology improvements
• Manage end-to-end project management from initial scoping through delivery to drive overall success of the organization
• Train business leaders and end users on new technology platforms and analytical tools to support strategic initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum 1 year experience junior business analyst or business associate
• Relevant experience in operational process improvement, analytics, and/or project management/delivery role
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• Ability to identify problems, brainstorm and analyze answers, and implement the best solution
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to distill, identify takeaways, and make recommendations
• Experience managing multiple projects both independently and part of a larger team, project management
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Business Analyst experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Tableau or similar business intelligence tool is a plus
• Critical thinker and results-oriented individual
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Leader excited to work collaboratively across teams