The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the build out, maintenance, and incident resolution of our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency and impressive work ethic to deliver mission critical infrastructure, while ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
A successful candidate will have the capabilities to demonstrate in an interview their ability to perform advanced VMware troubleshooting and administration from the ESXCLI, including but not limited to VMkernel log, ESXTOP, and PSOD analysis. Candidate will also be able to demonstrate hands-on capabilities of Windows and Active Directory troubleshooting using native and third-party tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administration and optimization of VMware hosts and virtualized servers. Responsible for the general health, security, and ongoing upgrades and improvements of Active Directory, including GPO, DNS, etc.
• Administer Microsoft Windows servers to ensure secure, streamlined baseline templates, optimized performance, and troubleshoot issues as needed from the physical layer through the software tier.
• Support physical server hardware from various vendors either in-person or through out-of-band access technologies
• Manage server infrastructure tools such as patching, antivirus products, backup, and vulnerability scanning. Experience with endpoint management tools (RMM/UEM) preferred.
• Materially contribute to multiple concurrent projects with various development and product groups.
• Clearly document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks to leverage IT Support Staff
• Provide support for mission-critical systems to ensure smooth business operations and act as an escalation point for Support Technician staff
• Research and evaluate new technologies to improve existing infrastructure.
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows.
• Assist in maintaining, documenting, and improving upon Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
• Support and maintain existing Voice and data network architecture.
• Network troubleshooting, utilizing Wireshark, NetFlow and other tools.
• Maintain/configure firewalls
• Supporting Core Routing and Switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and usage of recommended best practices
• Contribute to long term network design strategy and roadmap, core network architecture, establishment of engineering standards and best practice guides
• Comply with HIPAA and HITECH Privacy and Security regulations associated with Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI)
• Minimum of 3 years:
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System supporting IIS, SQL server, and other applications. Should be able to demonstrate how to use a memory dump for troubleshooting
• Hands-on, VMware experience in an enterprise environment with the ability to dive into VMware logs and the CLI interfaces to pro-actively optimize and troubleshoot. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze a PSOD and a command for the ESXCLI, including deciphering VMware logs and navigating and ESXTOP
• Experience implementing server hardware and managing NAS/SAN technology
• Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a Systems Administrator and/or Engineer capacity
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends as needed
• Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, equivalent work experience in the IT field, and/or industry certification(s) such as VMware VCP, Microsoft MCSA or MCSE, ISC2 CISSP.
• Exceptional Customer Service and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to effectively and efficiently present technical information
• Strong analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to lift heavy equipment as needed
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail
• Significant experience of VMware ESX with the ability to demonstrate proficiency across installation, patching, customization, capacity management, advanced troubleshooting, and maintenance of vSphere ESXi and other components within VMware.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems in an enterprise environment with hands-on experience using native and third-party tools to investigate issues
• Significant experience with endpoint management tools (RMM/UEM) preferred.
• Significant experience implementing and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
• Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
• Knowledge of SAN storage technologies
• Knowledge of Core Routing and Switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and usage of recommended best practices
• Ability to troubleshoot issues using Wireshark and other network analysis tools.
• Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware related issues and a strong understanding of SAN technology
• Experience monitoring server and application performance and availability utilizing monitoring tools such as Splunk and PRTG.
• Must work well with a geographically disperse team. Seeking collaborative team players willing to both learn from as well as train others as the situation dictates.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 is a plus
• Working Conditions
• Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call as needed