Reporting to the VP of Digital Integration and Strategy, the Senior Director of Technology Infrastructure will partner with technical & business stakeholders to maintain operation excellence and availability standards to support our mission. This role will be responsible for delivering high-availability services across infrastructure, including systems, data centers, cloud, network and storage. The environment will be managed by ITIL compliant processes and operationally will align to Enterprise Architecture and Cybersecurity frameworks.
The person in this role and their reports will be responsible for stable operational environments and to deliver break/fix and incident resolution to support our availability goals, with speedy compliant and secure solutions.
Key Stakeholders: CIO, CDO, CISO, Other Technical Leaders, Business Operations Leaders
• Work closely with key stakeholders to identify and implement technology solutions to build and modernize the infrastructure foundation of technology environment across the board.
• Provide vision, leadership, and management for IT services, including but not limited to cloud architecture, networking, systems engineering, telephony, desktop and mobile device support, and business/enterprise application deployment and management.
• Deliver high levels of operational stability and security in a cost-effective manner.
• Manage procurement of IT infrastructure, vendors, and services in collaboration with procurement and finance teams
• Oversee infrastructure migration from on-premises to cloud along with management and maintenance of cloud environment
• Continuously simplify and improve network connections and services (WAN, LAN, VPN, DNS, etc.)
• Develop and drive achievement of team goals aligned with organizational growth and other objectives.
• Manage multi-month and multi-year managed service provider contracts
• Manage teams focused on Servers, Network, Storage, and Asset management
• Global Network Management and coordination of MSP and Network providers
• Management of multiple sites and connectivity operations nationally
• Third Party vendor management of Infrastructure Services and Solutions
• Liaison between company and Third-Party vendors, VARs, Resellers, MSPs
• Track and measure SLA’s and deliverables from internal technology operations and MSP services
• Work with Management to define infrastructure technology business needs
• Work with IT Finance to analyze Third Party spend versus deliverables, work with engineering teams to consolidate and centralize for cost savings & modernization initiatives
• Provide executive reports to Digital Steering Committee
• Recruit, retain, and develop an organization driving leading edge technology standards across the enterprise
• Identify efficiencies where cost savings can be redirected to emerging technologies to support business strategy
• Continuously research, evaluate and incorporate relevant best practices.
• Plan, staff, train, coach, mentor, and direct employees within the IT team.
• Recommend balanced staffing levels and resources for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major
• Master’s degree, MBA, or advanced degree is desired
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT Infrastructure; Minimum of 5 years of Management experience
• Thorough understanding of multiple IT Infrastructure disciplines: Cloud, Computing, Storage, Security, Networking.
• Ability to demonstrate skills in critical reasoning, analytics, and process design/development.
• Strong experience in the large-scale, multi-site operations organization
• Proven track record deploying and operating large scale internal and external facing business-critical systems On-Prem and in Cloud environments, including past experience in Life and Shift initiatives from On-Prem to Cloud
• Strong ability to track, analyze, and report on multiple projects.
• Ability to present data in an executive-level format.
• Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
• Expertise in setting and managing customer/stakeholder expectations.
• Demonstrated success in being a proactive change agent, with a vision to transform internal systems and operations as needed to fully support our business
• Confident and effective communicator able to work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with all members of the organization to define and achieve holistic business and technical objectives
• Cloud operations leader with Azure experience and exposure to AWS or Google Cloud
• Security-first mindset with ability to rapidly learn and adapt to the ever-changing security landscape
• Real world experience successfully managing global 24/7/365 operations, escalation procedures and on-call staff
• Proven track record of an automation first approach to solve problems at scale
• Real world experience with large multi-stack distributed systems across on-prem and cloud locations
• Highly engaged technologist with broad experience across a variety of operations and services including infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, real-time OLTP systems, heterogeneous environments (Linux & windows), serverless & containerized deployments, and zero trust security
• Outcome driven functional leader capable of establishing, and meeting, key performance indicators and service level agreements for continually improving the performance of our cloud operations
• Strategic thinker with a strong knowledge of industry best practices and a passion for learning in order to drive the creation and execution of roadmaps outlining the technology strategy and the investments in infrastructure that will enable the company’s strategic plans
• Efficiency-minded executor with the ability to strike the right balance between process and consistency and rapidly iterative improvement
• Deep experience managing and deploying infrastructure and applications on Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Deep information security experience at enterprise scale
• Industry standard certifications preferred—ITIL, Azure, VMWare, etc.