Reporting to the Senior Director, Data Analytics and Engineering the Data Ingestion and Pipeline Developer will participate in the design and implementation of analytics solutions and participate in the delivery of the software roadmap as set in partnership with the business stakeholders. These responsibilities will include the design of data pipelines extracting from various source systems and loading into a target analytics environment. This role requires the ability to interpret the necessary design to appropriately move, store, and transform data for various analytics needs within the organization. This individual will work with key stakeholders, 3rd party vendors, and other members of the various information technology teams to deliver solutions.
This position will actively participate in planning, developing, and implementing analytics solutions. Must be a motivated, self-starter that is customer oriented and has a passion for delivering quality applications.
• Work with Business partners and analysts to understand requirements and deliverables.
• Lead the design and implementation of ELT processes as required for Analytics.
• Provide Guidance and design support around data pipelines and flows.
• Help select and maintain tools used for the promotion of Code and data across environments.
• Coordinate upgrades and patch releases for common software used by the development team.
• Ensure coordination between developers and IT Operations.
• Partner with other team members on road mapping and long-term design for building our solutions.
• Coach and mentor other team members in an effort of continuous improvement of development practices.
• Be a proponent of processes, standards, and tools used in our Data movement, Transformation, and Storage.
• A passion to continuously stay up to date on evolving cloud services and technologies.
• Leading the development of our Cloud based ELT solutions.
• Help design the needed storage of data to meet our Analytics and BI reporting needs.
• 5+ years in an engineering/development role.
• 2+ yes in a role specific to ETL/ELT using tools like (Matillion, DBT).
• Experience with Java and Python development languages.
• Familiarity with Agile Methodologies and Cloud deployed software (Azure is preferred)
• Collaborative leadership with a proven track record of highly technical delivery in multi-stakeholder environments
• Innovative thinker with the ability to manage problems and issues to minimize conflict
• Experience building and maintaining a cloud-based analytics environment
• Comfortable providing design recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
• Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
• Passionate about helping the team develop new skills and advancing business objectives
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
• BA or BS required. Preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
• US, work from home-based employee is acceptable
• Minimal travel required