This role will become part of the team focused on delivery of high quality, trusted data, and analytics to support company’s global business across all functions. The role requires an excellent proficiency and proven track record in architecture, design, platform management and complete Lifecyle and management of MicroStrategy project development and successful E2E implementation of large/complex projects. BI Architect will be able to effectively communicate with technical and business stakeholders for gathering and analyzing data requirements to deliver high quality analytical and business intelligence reporting and dashboards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Build Robust & Scalable Foundation for Architecture: Establish architectural standards and best practices. Architect & Design BI/Analytical solutions that are scalable globally and highly available in nature. Lead Design, Development and Documentation of MicroStrategy Data Model, Objects, and Information Delivery. Establish Enterprise Level Architecture and Deployment Standards of MicroStrategy components across the Environments.
Optimize User Experience: Enable better experience for the business users by creating visually appealing and easy to understand reporting and visualization by using tools like Dossiers, Libraries & Hyperintelligence. Improve the resource utilization by optimizing and finetuning poorly performing reports. Investigate and learn about new features and functionality in the MCE Platform and how they can be leveraged in the most effective way. Use platform analytics to track user activity to identify training needs, inactive users for better license distribution and gain visibility to functionality that is critical to the Intelligence enterprise as well as the functionality that requires better user adaption. Work closely with partners and end users to communicate enhancements and new features that allow robust reporting and analytical capabilities.
Enable Framework for Faster Delivery: Design and develop processes and procedures that can help enable faster delivery of development activities between environments. Enable MicroStrategy development teams to work effectively and efficiently by ensuring server environments are highly available. Work closely with MicroStrategy developers to make sure established procedures and standards are followed when developing new as well as existing objects. Identify opportunities for improving the development, deployment and administration policies and procedures faster and more streamlined experience for all stakeholders.
Expertise in MicroStrategy Mobile Intelligence & Analytics: Responsible for the management and creation of all MicroStrategy mobile app white labeling as it pertains to MicroStrategy Mobile and
Library Mobile. Understand the general code structure of MicroStrategy Mobile SDKs and how to customize them in order to make them specific to company. Responsible for the compiling of and the distribution of all MicroStrategy Mobile, white-labeled applications in partnership with the Mobile Device Management (MDM) team. Manage the creation and updates of all certificates on the Apple Developer site in order to ensure MicroStrategy Mobile apps function properly and can be properly distributed.
Collaborate, Lead & Mentor Teams: Work closely with Business/Functional teams in understanding the business requirements on strategic initiatives as well as tactical needs. Empower technical teams by providing technical leadership to technical teams for the development of reporting solutions through guidance and technical reviews to ensure best practices are followed. Lead and work closely with platform architects during system upgrades, capacity planning, configuring, governing, fine tuning and troubleshooting of MicroStrategy Cloud Environment.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Experience and learnings computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field is required
• Experience in Business Intelligence & Analytical Reporting
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize, isolate and resolve the problems quickly
• Exceptional technical skills in MicroStrategy Architecture, Authentication Methods & Security Model are mandatory
• Excellent knowledge and working experience in creation of Project, Schema, Objects to enable self-service reporting, MicroStrategy Dashboards, Dossiers, Libraries, and Reports through web, mobile, distributions and embedded analytics
• Strong knowledge and working experience in MicroStrategy Mobile Architecture and Implementation
• MicroStrategy Mobile and Library Mobile SDK – Build applications with custom white-labeling
• Strong knowledge and working experience in MicroStrategy Integrity Manager, Testing Tool to analyze differences among environments
• Strong knowledge and working experience in MicroStrategy Cloud Environment (MCE), MicroStrategy REST, API based connectivity and authentication
• Strong knowledge in SQL and databases like RedShift, Aurora, Teradata or Snowflake and data modeling techniques like Star, Snowflake, 3nf, dimensional and multidimensional
• Knowledge of working in SDLC/Agile, DevOps methodologies
• Understanding in big data, data warehousing, analytics, and data science related technologies including data lakes, EDW, data modeling, data visualization, and machine learning using AWS
• Knowledge/Working Experience in Reporting Tools like Tableau, Qlik would be a plus
• Knowledge in Python for scripting and Airflow scheduling would be a plus
• Deep Retail Industry knowledge or previous experience working in the business would be a plus