19449 E-Commerce Logistics Manager, Americas
|Location||Middlesex County, NJ|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$110K - $120K + 15% Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19449|
The E-Commerce Logistics Manager is the liaison between the E-Commerce Commercial Team and 3PLs / Distributor Partners/ Company Warehouses in accelerating commercial growth and delivering fulfillment and transportation strategies in the US.
This role will provide planning and analytical support to the day-to-day operations, identify opportunities to transform fulfillment experience and ensure clear shipping/delivery strategy execution with a focus on Americas E-Commerce Marketplaces and Webstores.
This position will partner with other cross-functional teams such as IT, Finance, Transportation, Demand Planning and Customer Service to align commercial plans and logistics capability to deliver on business objectives. This person reports to the Director, Americas Distribution and has a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the e-commerce business team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Looking to hire an experienced professional with a proven track record of success leading e-commerce logistics operations. A self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and a resourceful collaborator who can build new e-commerce logistics capabilities in RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC
Looking to hire an experienced professional with a proven track record of success leading e-commerce logistics operations. A self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and a resourceful collaborator who can build new e-commerce logistics capabilities in organizations. An accomplished manager who is motivated and willing to go above and beyond to create, deploy, and continuously improve e-commerce logistics operations to drive customer satisfaction and deliver on business commitments.
- Lead exploration, evaluation process and on-going relationship of e-commerce 3PL partners with a focus in US, Mexico and Brazil.
- Recommend best way to handle and deliver product for each e-commerce provider considering financials and service level agreements.
- Build and model the demand, shipping and facility capacity plan on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to achieve shipped sales targets
- Solve operational and data sync issues in a timely manner, pulling and analyzing information and determining root causals to help with business decision and action plan.
- Enhance webstore buying experience by partnering with transportation vendors, Customer Service, IT and Marketing to provide features such as stock and tracking information.
- Manage marketplace and webstore needs utilizing a mix of internal and external partners. Monitor aligned metrics including buyer’s feedback.
- Support marketing team on expansion to additional marketplaces in the Americas, including US, Mexico and Brazil.
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- B.A. or B.S. degree; preferably in Supply Chain, Economics, Management Science, or other quantitative business discipline
- Must have prior experience collaborating with E-Commerce and other Omni Channel customers
- Extensive Warehouse Management System experience (Warehouse / Logistics / Operations). Order to cash and webstore experience required. (Oracle E-Business Suite experience is a plus.)
- Experience managing in a 3PL Operations environment.
Knowledge and Skills
Exceptional communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate and influence
Experience managing distribution operations
Comfortable managing through ambiguity, organizing and resourcing new business strategies
Strong project management skills and a bias for action
Additional Requirements (travel, etc.)
- Up to 25% of domestic and international travel.