The DevOps Lead, SFCC will be instrumental in delivering digital business solutions for US, EU and APAC website using Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware). This position directly impacts day to day production support and operations for supporting issues as a Level-3 escalation point, researching resolution, provide SOPS and delivering quality code fixes leveraging best security, performance and coding standards. This role will support a road map of new features/enhancements across the company sites providing the opportunity to implement new functionality to support business growth. The role demands a strong a sense of urgency as well as communication skills to ensure the team is quality, results and outcomes focused. Ability to handle ambiguity and create opportunity from complexity is necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Order Management Development (75) %
• Expertise in implementing IBM Sterling OMS (CoC) solution to support multi-brand, multi-region, multi-channel initiatives.
• Leads design sessions and code reviews of extensions and customizations of the Sterling development framework.
• Identify and facilitate the resolution of production issues, especially those involving multiple teams.
• Supports a wide range of technology projects using IBM Sterling OMS (CoC), including configurations, software development, installation of patches and upgrades, etc.
• Collaborates with SME’s, Developers and Business Analysts to extend the capabilities of IBM Sterling OMS (CoC) platform.
• Partners with other technical teams (middleware, database, infrastructure, etc.), create interface documents and mappings to ensure that the OMS is built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner.
• Strong integration knowledge with multiple geography payment gateways, tax engines, email service providers, Order imports, etc.
Order Management Production Support and Maintenance (25) %
• Deliver very high quality of production support and maintenance service levels 365/24/7, particularly during times of high volume and peak order taking and processing
• Lead and/or participate in outage calls and Root Cause Analysis for production problems.
• Coordinate with business and support teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Engineering or equivalent experience is required
• 6+ years of experience as a Senior full-stack or a backend developer.
• Sound knowledge and experience on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Site-genesis framework, Services framework and other platform capabilities.
• Experience working on cache strategy, performance tuning, building cartridges for 3rd party APIs and Service integration.
• Experience working on other ecommerce platforms like IBM WebSphere Commerce, Oracle ATG commerce, Magento, etc. is a plus.
• Good analytical skills to quickly understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
• Familiar with Agile development methodology and tools like JIRA, SVN – GitHub/Bitbucket
• Familiarity with build and deployment processes and API (Jenkins, Grunt, Gulp)
• Familiarity with REST and SOAP based Webservices.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to partner with stakeholders inside and outside of IT as well as vendors and other external entities.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team
• Strong ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction and able to juggle multiple priorities.