Are you someone whose passion is reducing digital friction? Have you led teams that focus on quantitative and qualitative research that then support software & workflow design choices? How about driving agile ways of working, at scale? If you are, and you have got a background in experience management, our client is looking for you!
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job
• Our right fit Senior Manager will set the standards and artifacts for a framework supporting experience management within global technology projects.
• Our Senior Manager will lead/form a team of experience researchers/analysts and digital designers in support of Global/Regional digital initiatives facing our associates and consumers.
• You help to prioritize, guide, initiate, and directs efforts/projects as required to support their business areas globally & regionally.
• The right fit candidate will work closely with other groups globally to coordinate cross-functional plans and activities.
• A great facilitator and team mentor will guide and lead our Digital Experience teams to help discover, evolve, and enhance capabilities for associates and Consumers while driving continuous improvement for both their teams and the teams they interact.
• The Senior Manager is responsible for the research & potential application of newer technologies/standards/tools in their area as driven by company initiatives, vendor capabilities or industry best practices and/or global trends.
• The Senior Manager is responsible to understand and set direction regarding the strategic position of their shared service offerings, including ensuring the company has the required expertise in-house or external, to support those offerings.
• The Senior Manager fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, PTO or education.
• The Senior Manager must be able to act for their manager in their absence, as well as handle any duties assigned by management.
• The position will be based out of our New York office, with periodic travel to our New Jersey office & other regional locations on an infrequent basis (e.g., Europe, Asia), as required.
• 10+ years of experience, within a technology focused organization supporting humanized digital capabilities.
• 5 years or more experience, planning and managing User Experience teams.
• Possesses comprehensive business and technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact on the business.
• Prior experience forming/managing teams of UX analysts & UI designers.
• Proven experience in prioritizing, presenting and executing plans with inherent change management practices, driven by UX/MX research, while meeting deadlines local or international scope.
• Anticipates and identifies issues that may prevent deliverables; develops and implements root-cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality towards assigned tasks/goals in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to quickly handle shifting priorities and work towards agreed upon goals and target dates Demonstrated ability working with and integrating multiple internal and/or external teams including outside technology and consulting design/technology agencies.
• Demonstrate excellence in analytical and communication skills, as well as influencing broad technical discussions and decisions at all management levels.
• Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
• Global, multi-brand and/or apparel industry experience is a plus.
• Degree in Experience Management, Creative, Marketing, Digital Technologies, Human Interface Design, or equivalent work experience required.
• Strong familiarity with Digital Listening Tools, Persona/Cohort gathering, digital research.
• Experience leading teams and partners: ideation, rapid prototyping & agile frameworks.
• Strong background in Design Thinking and Prototyping.
• Knowledge of business applications and appropriate technical platforms supporting Digital/Enterprise Content & Productivity.
• Strong knowledge of modern software development styles and approaches.
• Excellent written and presentation communications skills.
• Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational change.
• Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications, and possess excellent presentation skills.