The company is seeking Solution Architect - Data to provide governance, guidance, architecture, design across enterprise-wide systems. The Solutions Data Architect (SDA) primary goal is to keep data easily accessible and accurate. To meet that goal, SDA will provide authority for all the data governance oversight and lifecycle management across the organization driving decisions for data standards and policies. Examples of data standards include those that define how data is categorized or how codes are assigned to represent specific products, customers and other data types. Gathering information about data use in the workplace, the architect creates a blueprint or road map, showing processes and services that affect data use and data standards. The architect works with project managers and business stakeholders to implement that design.
- Collaborate with the Project and enterprise teams to solve business data problems.
- Develop data conversion and enterprise application data migration strategies.
- Develop data modeling methods, databases, data warehouses, data lakes, master data and metadata.
- Build and maintain evergreen data glossary, data dictionary and catalog, data models while ensuring self-service usage for internal and external clients.
- Act as a data evangelist to address business process improvement with users in sales, finance, manufacturing, supply chain, human resources and other departments.
- Understand and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications.
- Develop POC’s to evaluate new technologies and solutions.
- Develop strong business relationships with business areas responsible.
- Participate in the delivery of custom solutions that follow company standard Agile process.
- Ensure the development team adheres to company design and development patterns and standards.
- Maintain and enhance integration solutions, including off-hours support of business-critical business solutions.
- Ensure proper response and resolution to issues and errors.
- Provide mentoring on advanced development concepts and technical capabilities to developers.
- Prior experience as Data/Analytics architect.
- Experience with the Big Query, Tableau, MS SQL stack - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Azure.
- Experience with SAP FSCM data architecture, ERD’s and Functional Data mapping.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Experience with data modeling software.
- Experience with migrating to cloud, preferably Azure.
- Communicate directly with users, speaking in terms they understand.
- Should have good business knowledge and be able to explain technical concepts without using complex, technical terms.
- Strong strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy and ability to design IT systems to deliver that strategy.
- Strong ability to develop solution architecture designs.
- Strong ability to define multiple solution options to business problems.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Be a change agent.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience in database design, data warehousing and data modeling.
- 7+ years of industry experience providing technical solutions development for enterprise software.
- We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - protect what matters most.