19754 – Sr. Specialist, Digital Marketing
|Category|| Data Management|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$90K - $94K + 10% Bonus|
The Sr. Specialist plays a critical role in providing customer insights and measuring the impact of owned and co-op marketing initiatives on marketing programs focused on customers that buy through the distributor channel. This role will be responsible to measure the success of marketing programs aimed at the customer segments that purchase through our distributor channels, that will ultimately help inform our revenue growth strategies and guide our marketing investment decisions
The person will be responsible for driving marketing measurement efforts for end users that purchase through Company’s distributor channel. The person will analyze customers’ needs, value, engagement behavior and responsiveness to marketing programs to ensure marketing programs are aligned with customer needs, opportunities and business priorities, developing recommendations that will shared with leaders throughout the organization to inform strategic business decisions. This role will also collaborate with customer digital and analytics teams.
- Lead the design and execute analyses to create a single view of the customer by leveraging available data in customer and marketing database to identify revenue generating marketing opportunities.
- Act as a data steward to organize, clean, and pull available data across multiple sources and business areas to support Marketing efforts. This data will inform end user customer buying journey and performance of different marketing tactics based on their needs within the buying journey.
- Lead efforts in designing and liaising with central analytic teams to segment customers based on marketing needs, score customers periodically based on refreshed data; that will allow for creation of target lists for Account based marketing to target end users via Company owned or co-op marketing programs.
- Develop and manage reporting dashboards to support marketing goals and cross-functional business needs. Create compelling data visualizations and present reporting dashboards that translate complex data sets into actionable recommendations to non-technical stakeholders across multiple disciplines (Sales, Regional Marketing Teams, Global Marketing, Customer Service/Sales Operations, Global Digital Team).
- Establish reporting automation using tools such as SQL/R/Python and Power BI to unify data sources and enable seamless access to data sets to share insights collaboratively across the organization.
- Enhance audience insights (personas, audience journeys, etc.) by synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to supplement and enhance Insights and Research team projects.
- Partner with internal teams (Digital, Sales, Marketing) to help quantify marketing and communication effectiveness (ROIs) and identify areas of refinement/optimizations based on learnings.
- Develop and manage the marketing analytics database, based on in-market analysis that will inform spend decisions across marketing programs with different distributors and internal Company marketing efforts.
- Analyze in-market performance of Co-Op marketing activities with key distributor partners.
- Develop revised benchmarks for measuring performance against tactical program expectations.
- Liaise with Company’s centralized team of data sciences and data analysts, Company IT, third party research vendors as needed for meeting analytic needs of the business focused on end users buying via our distributor channel.
- Connect with customer digital marketing and analytics teams to align on KPIs for programs to evaluate program efficacy.
- Synthesize performance data, formulate recommendations for program optimization which will be presented to leaders throughout the company to inform strategic business decisions, including but not limited to resource (financial and human) allocations.
- Capture macro trends, industry vertical insights, competitor, distributor updates on a quarterly basis.
Synthesize data available across industry reports and publish insights for broad distribution to company marketing, sales, business teams.
Key Position Requirements
- 4 plus years’ experience in the practical application of Customer, Marketing Analytics Experience and data analysis to business contexts.
- B2B experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience providing data driven insights for customers, markets, competitors and marketing effectiveness (KPIs) through data and analytics.
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to innovate, collaborate and realize efficiencies.
- Compelling communicator who can synthesize research and data into a clear, actionable business narrative.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, organization, and accountability.
- Knowledge of marketing attribution techniques, digital marketing measurement techniques and marketing automation platforms (e.g., Marketo).
- Highly proficient in SQL query development and Excel (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, statistical analysis). Alternatively, having experience in R or Python.
- Experience using visualization tools such as Power BI.
- Salesforce.com, Google Analytics, Cloud computing knowledge is a plus.
- Able to work independently and multitask.
- Team player.
Additional Requirements (travel, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required in any discipline with strong record of academic success in databases and analytic coursework such as Applied Mathematics, Management Science, Data Science, Statistics, Econometrics or Engineering, Management Information Systems. Masters preferred
- Travel - Up to 1x per quarter (20%)