19637 – Sr. Business Process Lead (Data Standardization & Governance)
|Location||Somerset County, NJ|
|Category|| Data Management|
|Job Type|| Direct-hire/Full-time|
|Compensation||$140 - $150K + 15% Bonus|
|Job ID Number||19637|
The primary responsibility of Sr Business Process Lead, Data Standardization and Governance is leading the development and implementation of data standards and management of data governance efforts for the respective data domain. This role will conduct master data standardization efforts and governance methodologies by defining standard policies and procedures in collaboration with the business. The Lead Data Standardization and Governance position includes leading development and management of a data governance framework by which appointed business leads and council operate to maintain the data standards, rules and policies for the respective domain.
The Lead Data Standardization and Governance position includes management of direct report(s) to support the development of data standards and governance policies with direct responsibility to documentation and management of data.
- Manage key data policies activities across many functions for a domain such as data standardization, data policies, metadata management, data quality, change control and management of a data governance council.
- Provide expertise in master data standardization, and data governance policies and procedures.
- Own business process workflows and standard operating procedure documentation relating to data standardization and governance activities.
- Develop and implement data standards with business data leads.
- Lead data standardization workshops with business data leads, subject matter experts, IT and business process partners in support of new system implementations and existing systems as needed.
- Partner with IT leads to strategize and link business needs that enable data governance processes with supporting tools and tool capabilities.
- Develop knowledge expertise of where data is housed, managed, shared across the ecosystem and educate business data leads for the respective domain.
- Responsible for downstream impact assessments with IT application owners as part of the data standardization process.
- Educate, influence and drive data governance strategy with key business stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Define data quality framework, monitor data quality management, and make recommendations for data quality improvement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, including technical guidance.
- Train and develop junior team members on master data domains.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data governance or IT master data management within a retail organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong business process management skills and ability to design and document business processes.
- Solid project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to engage with leadership and other multiple levels of the business organization.
- Strong knowledge skills in development and maintenance of data documentation such as business glossary, metadata and technical system lineage.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analyses.
- Data expertise in vendor, customer, site or consumer domain desired.